Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Bjorn Nyland did his 24 hours challenge, he sat on 170-180km/h. It is always better to go faster when using DC as the charger replenishes the charge much faster than the car can discharge it.

not really, depends on the chargerate. For a V3 supercharger 170-180 is the optimum speed while you move up to 70% SOC. But when you only have i.e. 35kw/hour like on a QESH charger than the optimum speed is a bit lower (around 130kmh).

I agree with @Candleflame it comes down to charge and discharge rates vs speed plus fiddling around getting to and from the highway to a charger.

If you can get a bunch of V3 chargers lined up then es ist hundertneunzig Kilometer pro Stunde und willkommen in Deutschland

Average speed is often much lower anyway in real life. Thats why I dont get the average speed cameras which they have on the M1 and on the Toowoomba bypass. Except at nighttime you cant really drive sustained high speed anyway... (regardless of if you drive 100, 110 or 130 or even faster, a single car slowing you down for 1 minute will completely knock down your average speed)

When I drive from France to Germany sitting at around 140 the average speed at the end is usually around 110.
Germany if I drive 180-200 usually the average speed at the end is around 130. Theres just too much traffic and too much slowdown, unless you drive in the early morning or late night.

If you drive on the dual lane rural bruce highway average speed I find is usually 80km/h or so, except when the road is completely empty then maybe 90km/h.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
If you drive on the dual lane rural bruce highway average speed I find is usually 80km/h or so, except when the road is completely empty then maybe 90km/h.
Probably an outlier, but I managed to drive for 3.5 hours on the single lane Bruce highway at over than 100km/h average yesterday between Marlborough and Proserpine. I was very surprised as I thought it would be impossible.

Attachments

• 20220221_133345.jpg
    20220221_133345.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 89
Probably an outlier, but I managed to drive for 3.5 hours on the single lane Bruce highway at over than 100km/h average yesterday between Marlborough and Proserpine. I was very surprised as I thought it would be impossible.

Ive done higher than that just last time i drove back to cairns.Its from the 110 zone where you can flog it in the morning/night hehe. Just a combination of less traffic, wide road, easy overtaking, 10kmh higher limit.

Attachments

• markup_26418.png
    markup_26418.png
    105 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: technerdx6000