Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I am gearing up and getting excited for my deliver this Friday (9/2) (not gonna lie, a little nervous too...hoping there are no issues with the car) and was wanting to know if any current owners have an idea how early in advance does the delivery center receive the car before it being delivered to the customer. Would they get it a day before, a couple days before? I called the main Tesla number and was told that it was in transit. This was as of Friday 9/21.

Thanks In Advance!!

thanks @vinny84, I am thinking it may be getting to the Delivery Center tomorrow or Tuesday. I say this because on 9/11 my Delivery Advisor emailed me my VIN and yesterday it showed up in my account. Also, I was able to somewhat track my car using a website by providing my VIN (Delivery Receipts - United Road). This website did not provide a great deal of info but my VIN showed up and was last updated on 9/14. Now when I go to that website, it does not show up. Not sure why. I guess that could be a bad thing too so I called the Tesla number today and that said that all they can see if that it is in transit. I would think my delivery center should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest....fingers crossed.

Reactions: vinny84
thanks @vinny84, I am thinking it may be getting to the Delivery Center tomorrow or Tuesday. I say this because on 9/11 my Delivery Advisor emailed me my VIN and yesterday it showed up in my account. Also, I was able to somewhat track my car using a website by providing my VIN (Delivery Receipts - United Road). This website did not provide a great deal of info but my VIN showed up and was last updated on 9/14. Now when I go to that website, it does not show up. Not sure why. I guess that could be a bad thing too so I called the Tesla number today and that said that all they can see if that it is in transit. I would think my delivery center should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest....fingers crossed.
Tesla uses United Road for transportation between factory and train yard in CA. Rest of the transit is in train. There is no way to track the train shipment at the moment. Your best bet is calling DS or OA. They'll have most up-to-date information on where the car is.

• Informative
Reactions: pkalhan
I'm sure it varies with Delivery Centers, but my DC in Bellevue, WA did not have enough parking to get cars in early, so they were staged elsewhere, and shipped in generally the afternoon before delivery day.
For those who can do it, it pays to schedule your delivery during the week when deliveries are lower than on the weekends. I was able to see my car for inspection 15 minutes before my appointment, and had all the time I needed because no-one else was taking delivery during my Monday, noon time slot.
Take your inspection checklist, flashlight, and a microfiber towel,(to wipe off all the fingerprints your going to put on everything inspecting it).

If you got EAP make sure the license is active before leaving delivery. Mine wasn’t and now I have a hastle to go through. Each call is at least an hour on hold and will take at least 3 business days.
Good recommendation. My 3 Performance did not have EAP activated. Didn't notice until the next day. Once I got through to Customer Service, he apologized and said this was happening sometime. A few hours later, he called me back and confirmed it was activated.