Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for California owners: license plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking about if I I should go with the 1960s plates or go with the UCLA one(Being an alumni) . Car is going to be a multi coat red Model 3 with white* interior.

146407_984eb2af8c4240658506f2a2a0f92e4b_1558738324.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the black yellow legacy plates on another car. Is it an easy thing to swap them with my Tesla at DMV, or is it available at AAA to do?
go to the AAA in west hollywood. i got my car in march and had the legacy plate on my old car. once i got the new plate in from the dmv i went straight to aaa. took care of it in 10 minutes. west hollywood was in and out! garage parking too!

go to the AAA in west hollywood. i got my car in march and had the legacy plate on my old car. once i got the new plate in from the dmv i went straight to aaa. took care of it in 10 minutes. west hollywood was in and out! garage parking too!

thanks so much... that’s exactly what I needed to hear. Now just impatiently waiting for plates. Got pink slip yesterday!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I’ve recently got my standard white plates. But I want the legacy plates, do I just fill out the form on the dmv and pay the fee and that’s that? Also, do I create a new plate number or just use the one that was issued to me? Thanks again.

Fill out the form and you can choose for the DMV to pick your plate number or choose your own. The latter option will take longer to get.

Reactions: RedWhite19
I’ve recently got my standard white plates. But I want the legacy plates, do I just fill out the form on the dmv and pay the fee and that’s that? Also, do I create a new plate number or just use the one that was issued to me? Thanks again.
Yes, online. But.....personalized plate orders are currently suspended due to recent state of emergency edict issued by Newsome.

Reactions: RedWhite19