Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for owners, how does model 3 handle in snow, rain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going skiing up at Snowy Range WY tomorrow if someone could just arrange to drop a 3 off in my driveway by 0730 in the morning I can give it a go and get you a report back by tomorrow night. KTHX.

That's funny. However, I think you should also have specified the color you prefer. Otherwise you are going to have too many there to pick from.

Chains are only rated to 35mph and many drivers get into trouble by exceeding those speeds... which looks like might have been the case for this driver.

With a heavy RWD car having the chains on the back and all seasons up front is going to make the car rotate very easily when turning.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and dhanson865
I may be wrong, but isn’t the reason FWD is desirable in slippery conditions is that the majority of the weight in most ICE vehicles tend to be over the front wheels? If so, since the Model 3’s weight ratio is 48:52 F:R, it should be at least effective in the snow as a typical FWD ICE vehicle.

Cool vid - makes me feel better about going with 1st production (I had wanted AWD, but don’t want to wait :)).

Reactions: EV-lutioin
Having some experience driving in snow will make the biggest difference. Today for example, a pleasure trip on snow covered 2 lane country roads was uneventful - no issues staying at the speed limit. Lexus RX, all season (ie summer) tires). I'd rather live where it's warm all year round, but when you live where it's snowy a lot you learn how to deal with it.