Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for people who got they model S/X through a custom order.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I'm currently waiting for delivery of my S 75D, planned for December.

Being in Canada (province of Quebec), winter tires are mandatory after Dec 15th. So obviously I asked my DS about how things work w/r to buying winter tires. Since I've gotten no replies after 3 emails and 2 phone calls I thought I'd ask on the forums here (I hope the customer service will be better after I get the car; it's not too impressive at this point).

So does Tesla proposes winter tires to install? Does it proposes tires from only one brand or several? And if I decide to buy the tires myself, can I have the shipped directly to the store for installation before delivery?

Thanks

My understanding is that
  1. the winter tires differ in the US from the Canadian.
  2. There is only one type available per size.
  3. As long as you buy the same brand and size Tesla sells, Tesla will install them.
  4. Tesla will not service other tires, non OEM rims or modified rims, essentially they will not work on anything they can't replace.

Last edited:
Just on a followup on my own post.

Got a message from by DS today. I can indeed buy tires and have them shipped to the Tesla service center, and they will install them. I have to give them a call to check for the details (when to ship tires, etc). When doing so they make you sign some kind of waiver form where they decline responsibility for the quality of the installed product. That's fine with me.