Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question to those who tinted their back windshield..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only partial tint here. It stops a couple inches above the window's original tint line. I noticed it a few days, but now never do because my mirror rear-view doesn't capture that high up the rear window. Low cost and IMO glad I didn't spend more for something I would never have noticed.

Single piece.... and 35% all around
My shop in Dallas (they do A LOT of Teslas) said 35% is the darkest they'd recommend with still being able to actually see through the beautiful panoramic rear windshield. Any darker, and it kinda gets hidden... but obviously more protection.

Reactions: DOC52
I asked my tint guy if he could the back window in one piece he said yes, I thought great!!. When I got the car he did half the window in one piece - shame on me for not clarifying :D With that being said, he blended it in where the window tint starts and you can barely see the line from the inside and not at all from the outside. It looks great and I'm very happy with it.

When I got my car last year nobody I called in my local area was doing one large piece. My preferred local company still won't tint a Tesla. I have one piece partway up, and it irritates me to the point where I am going to redo the back window. I don't see it when I am looking through the review mirror. I only see it when I am cleaning the windows or turning my head around.

We took my wife's 3 45 minutes out of town. The guy was very reasonable and tinted it in one large piece. Do one large piece.

Reactions: TintWorldSantaClara
Spend the money on a one piece!! Its pricey but well worth the money. Givea the car a real slick look and keepa the cabin coo . Spend extra on ceramic

Attachments

• 20190406_173827.jpg
    20190406_173827.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190406_173837.jpg
    20190406_173837.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190406_173903.jpg
    20190406_173903.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: doofenshmirtz
I have two Model 3s. One was done with 2-piece in the back, merged at the defroster lines. The other was done single-piece. Both were done by the same PPF/Ceramic Coat/Tint shop. The 2-piece one was done because at the time they didn't have the oversize roll of film in stock that's necessary to do single-piece.

Unless you get on your knees on the back seat, turn around, put your glasses on, and stick your face 3 inches from the rear window sides, you can't tell.

Please people, it's window tint. Not a world war.

I did a one piece in the rear. 30% Llumar Pinnacle all around except the glass on top of front seats. Looks beautiful. Dark enough to have some privacy and cool down the cabin. Light enough to see the beautiful sky even with the factory tint in the rear.

Anyone else have some type of 'glare' when driving in the dark? It's a lil reflective at the defroster lines.

Loving the look of it so far though. I paid $200 for the single sheet Llumar Ceramic, what did you guys pay for?