Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Hansshow Android 4G 10.25-inch Tesla Model 3 Y Instrument Cluster Heads Up Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I would try to contact the seller for an update, but I doubt you’ll have much success. This is similar to buying one off AliExpress, there’s a bunch of different sellers but most of them disappear after sale for any help. Can’t say the big vendors are much better but at least they have been posting updates on their websites lately.
So they replied back with an update. It fixed the headlight status, though sometimes (very random) the speedometer will match the car but it will say kph instead of mph.

For what I paid I can deal with it. I just need to find a matte screen protector as the glare is annoying.

Reactions: PauliePucks
I am upgrading from the Hansshow 9 inch Tesla Instrument Display to the 10.25 inch display on my 2023 Model 3, primarily because the larger display includes the front camera. The manual states "Note: When the radar is triggered, it will automatically enter forward looking for 10 seconds." Unfortunately, the 2023 Model 3 does not have the radar or ultrasound sensors, so how do you turn on the Hansshow front camera? I believe the original versions of the display turned on the camera when the vehicle traveled under 5 MPH, but I don't see any camera documentation for 2023 NON-radar Model 3's. I am reluctant to install the unit if the camera doesn't work, since that's the reason I purchased the larger display.

I have a none USS car with this model and it just triggers when I put it in drive and stays in video mode till I hit 20mph

I attempted to resolve the problem of "no radar triggering" by contacting Hannshow Tech Support by WhatsApp and email, but I didn't get vey far. Then I got tired of waiting and then just temporarily hooked up the system with a few jumper wires. It appears as though in a "radar-less" Model 3 one can initiate the camera manually in two ways. The first way is by touching one of the "rolling center screen" icon, labelled "CAMERA." The second way is to "change gears" with the gear selector stalk. (And I know that there are no "gears," but you get my point.) If you are approaching an object in front of the car, you would have to flip the stalk to reverse (or any other gear position) and then back to forward drive, and the front camera turns on. The length of camera "on time" seems to be variable. At first is was about ten seconds, then other times it was longer, but eventually it returns back to the regular screen when you continue driving forward. I thought initially the "camera on" duration was governed by the forward speed, but it didn't seem to be consistently so. It would be nice if the camera function was more clearly described in the "operations manual," but much of the manual is in the Chinese language. I apologize for not knowing the Chinese language. Perhaps the manual should be offered in several languages. I still don't know what "camera sensitivity" means. I was able to get an English translation by downloading essentially the same file from the Kunefine website and the tesery.com website, since it appears that many of these Tesla accessory displays are made by he same manufacturer. (See the attached file and website listed below.)

Still, it would be nice if there was a "radar-triggered camera-on function" like in the pre-2023 Model 3 vehicles. If Tesla ever updates their TeslaVision software to duplicate the deleted radar/USS systems, perhaps the updated system will trigger the front camera, like in all the other cars that I own. Oh, those other cars also have dashboard gauges that I didn't have to pay extra for.
Did Hansshow issue a firmware update for the Ryzen vehicles without USS to display the front camera using the Tesla Vision update? I really want this display, but the main result for buying it is the front camera display.

Did Hansshow issue a firmware update for the Ryzen vehicles without USS to display the front camera using the Tesla Vision update? I really want this display, but the main result for buying it is the front camera display.
I sincerely doubt it. My display (Satonic brand) hasn’t had an update since December 2022, and I believe that’s the stock firmware it shipped with. I check the OTA every drive, no updates as of yet.

I also had my unit replaced for a warranty issue (SIM card slot issue) and the replacement has the same firmware, so I am leaning towards one doesn’t exist yet.

Has anyone got these units to work on Tesla Model Y 2023 model (AMD)??

I tried installing this but don't seem to have a spare CANBUS/OBD port near my passenger A pillar (Tesla Model Y 2023). It's occupied by something else. When I use the pass through adapter, it doesn't work properly. Every guide seems to indicate that there should be a spare blue CANBUS/OBD port there. Any ideas?

tesla-canbus2.jpg

I tried installing this but don't seem to have a spare CANBUS/OBD port near my passenger A pillar (Tesla Model Y 2023). It's occupied by something else. When I use the pass through adapter, it doesn't work properly. Every guide seems to indicate that there should be a spare blue CANBUS/OBD port there. Any ideas?

View attachment 933202
What month was your MY built? Is it an Austin build? Seems like most 3rd party manufacturers have a “not compatible with Model Y made February 2023 or after” disclaimer with some products.

I believe Tesla also removed the blue canbus connection behind the center console below the rear vent on these MY builds.

What month was your MY built? Is it an Austin build? Seems like most 3rd party manufacturers have a “not compatible with Model Y made February 2023 or after” disclaimer with some products.

Thanks for your response and this information is certainly new and very useful!!

Mine is March 2023 (Shanghai build)... hmm your explanation makes sense, although this information was not displayed on any websites promoting this 10.25" screen. Yikes... There's no fix for this? e.g. using alternative adapters, etc?

Thanks for your response and this information is certainly new and very useful!!

Mine is March 2023 (Shanghai build)... hmm your explanation makes sense, although this information was not displayed on any websites promoting this 10.25" screen. Yikes... There's no fix for this? e.g. using alternative adapters, etc?
I’m sure they will be available sooner than later, it’s still a developing issue the manufacturers will have to invest in going forward. The same thing happened when the AMD MCU’s first came out. Took a month or two before the updated kits came out.

View attachment 933202
Had the same issue. The instructions is wrong for newer models. The CANBUS and OBD is on the driver side.

Looks like I’m joining the “no 4g” club. Installed new ATT nano SIM. Everything configured correctly, 4G shows on the display, great signal, no connection, no data. YouTube, google, etc….no internet connection. SIM works fine in my iPad. Wi-Fi works of course. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment.
Same here. I bet we need to manually set the APN (AT&T's is "broadband" if I remember correctly). But that APN configurability doesn't seem to be exposed in the UI on this unit. I am chatting with Hansshow support. They are supposed to talk to the SW engineer on Monday.

Had the same issue. The instructions is wrong for newer models. The CANBUS and OBD is on the driver side.
THANK YOU DEEYOUWHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a legend :) :)

I opened up the drivers side area today (pillar) and right at the bottom right, there was a blue spare CANBUS AND OBD port!!

It was not on the passenger side, as indicated on the install guide and every Youtube video!

Anyway, connected that, but screen was still blank. Once I hooked up the red 12v cable to the red positive battery terminal in the frunk and connected the black GND cable to a random metal surface/nut, the screen turned on and everything was working!

Attached photos and instructions for anyone who might find it useful.
This applies to Telsa Model Y (March 2023+ build date) (RHD) (Shanghai build)

modely-march-2023-canbus-obj-location1.jpg

Pull down car's firewall grommet (drivers side) and push through 12v red cable to frunk. Add tape to metal edge for cushioning.
10.25-hud-1.jpg

Loosen screw and connect black GND (ground) cable to this (drivers side pillar) or any metal surface should do.
10.25-hud-2.jpg

Taping cables under the dash trim makes it much easier when putting trim back. Make cables exit at the back of trim corners on each side.
10.25-hud-3.jpg

Connect the 12v red cable to positive terminal on car battery. There should be a spare nut that's included in the box for this purpose!

Unit should be good to go for Model Y (post feb/march 2023 builds). YAY!

Hey everyone, I am putting my display up for sale, it’s like new (still has the plastic screen protector on it) I am going with the new full dash display that was just released. It will be in the parts for sale sub if anyone is interested. I loved this display and take excellent of all my products. There are no issues and everything is working 100%. It is from Satonic.

NB: I only have the harness for INTEL model 3/y. I do not have the AMD harness.

Same here. I bet we need to manually set the APN (AT&T's is "broadband" if I remember correctly). But that APN configurability doesn't seem to be exposed in the UI on this unit. I am chatting with Hansshow support. They are supposed to talk to the SW engineer on Monday.
Looks like I’m joining the “no 4g” club. Installed new ATT nano SIM. Everything configured correctly, 4G shows on the display, great signal, no connection, no data. YouTube, google, etc….no internet connection. SIM works fine in my iPad. Wi-Fi works of course. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment.
I got it working!! For my ATT card (and probably yours) you need to set the APN to "broadband". But Hansshow doesn't expose the ability to set this in the CarSettings UI. I found a couple ways to show the primary Android Settings app that has the ability to set the APN.

Please try these steps to see if it works for you:
  1. Insert a FAT32 USB stick into the display's USB-C port - I think it needs to be 32GB or smaller
  2. Swipe down to show the quick settings and notifications.
  3. Scroll down to your USB drive. Tap on this to show the directory listing.
  4. Tap on the three vertical dots to expose the menu.
  5. Select "Storage settings"
  6. Tap on the back arrow under the Home icon on the left side of the screen. Do NOT tap the back on the top right of the screen.
  7. Now you are in the stock Android Settings app.
If you have Google Assistant running already, you could skip the above and just say "OK Google, Settings"

To set your APN, within the stock Android Settings app:
  1. Select "Network & Internet"
  2. Tap "Mobile Network" - Mine has "AT&T" under it
  3. Tap "Access Point Names"
  4. For me, "ATT Nextgenphone" was selected automatically - this is wrong apparently
  5. Tap the plus (+) icon to add a new APN
  6. Fill in "Broadband" for the name and "broadband" for the APN. Don't change anything else - note "broadband" is specific to AT&T. YMMV
  7. Tap on the three vertical dots and select "Save"
  8. Tap back (the one on the left hand side under the home button)
  9. Scroll to the bottom of the list
  10. Select the Broadband APN by tapping on the circle to the right of "Broadband"
  11. Wait a few seconds and you should see the cellular icon in the status bar to start showing network activity.
  12. Tap Home to go back to the car main screen.
  13. Select Apps and Chrome. You should be able to surf! (which confirms you have network access)
Please let me know if this helps in your case @kc10kevin !

Thx for all the input guys, it has been very helpful (special thx to ALSE). I got a MY23 model Y shanghai and have just successfully connected up the display with the correct OBD port on right hand side of the car (Driverside in Oz). I cant seem to get the clock to sync. Does anyone have this issue during install? And also, is it correct that we don't need to connect the female OBD end of the harness, right?

I end up installing the 4g/GPS on the left side of the car. I also feed the wires for front camera to the left of the car as there was a groumet right close to the battery on left handside which was much easier to access than the right handside groumet. If they gave us a longer cable for the positive terminal, I think it would all be easily installed using the via the same groumet on the left hand side as access was so much easier. Something the supplier should do consider...

Not sure if this has been posted before, but supplier sent me a document which may be of some use for u all. Clock need to be adjusted and front camera needs to enable for it to work.

Overall, very happy with system. Maybe a smaller display will be better as the steering wheel does block a bit of the screen. Not keen on the look for yolk steering wheel so I have adjusted my seat up and steering wheel up too to make it work. I recon I can see 90% of the screen most of the time. And if u are very anal, you will notice the screen is really a bit tilted because the dash where the screen attached is not straight. But i think it complete the car very nicely and address all the issue i have with lack of car play, lack of instrument cluster (esp coming from audi virtual cockpit) and no front camera. It is highly customizable and does take awhile to get use to. It seems to have 2 menu for setting which is a bit confusing but i'm sure I will get used to it.

Next project will be the rear display and perhaps the rear view camera to fix the lack of visibility on model Y.

So it seems that the Hansshow unit and the Carview, VJOYCAR and Satonic units are all identical - and just a rebrand of a OEM Chinese device. You can track them down on Alibaba for $US399 (order 100 and you can add your own logo...). I imagine you could use any brands firmware between devices (don't hold me to that) - as such does anyone have a link to any OTA updates or changelogs?

So it seems that the Hansshow unit and the Carview, VJOYCAR and Satonic units are all identical - and just a rebrand of a OEM Chinese device. You can track them down on Alibaba for $US399 (order 100 and you can add your own logo...). I imagine you could use any brands firmware between devices (don't hold me to that) - as such does anyone have a link to any OTA updates or changelogs?
I have the car view one from Ali express. And I agree they are all the same.

View attachment 933202
Did you solve the issue?
I found a spare connector on the other side