Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Hansshow Android 4G 10.25-inch Tesla Model 3 Y Instrument Cluster Heads Up Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After using it for a year I have it say it's not as useful as I initially thought. During the hot summer it was unbearable since the unit pretty much blocks the air flow. I turned off the bluetooth connection but for some reason my phone won't connect to the tesla automatically on a call even though it's a priority device. Since Tesla has native Apple Music now, this device really isn't used. I pretty much have it only on the default screen that is the darkest cause it's a blinding MF and creates glare at night on the side window that is tinted cause there is no brightness control.
The only reason I still have it up is for the front camera which is the best thing this is for. I think I might move it to the side so that air can actually come through. There have been 0 updates that I saw so pretty much has been unsupported since release.

I stuffed a Garmin Drivesmart 66 into my instrument cluster area. Overall a positive experience … there’s so much more that could be done, but it basically delivers on what it promises and doesn’t try to do any broken or sloppy integrations with the car. It even supports garmin’s cameras … the BC 40 can be used as a front facing camera.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here is willing to sell their AMD harness wire, which comes with this kit; if they received both the intel and amd wire harness.

I had the older 2020 model Y, and recently upgraded to 2023 and would like to use with the AMD version.

thank you in advance

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here is willing to sell their AMD harness wire, which comes with this kit; if they received both the intel and amd wire harness.

I had the older 2020 model Y, and recently upgraded to 2023 and would like to use with the AMD version.

thank you in advance
Which model hansshow you have? Several are being talked about in this thread. I have an amd harness for 9” linux hansshow console.

Hello All,

Any challenges with New model Y 2023 manufactured since 06.2023 ?

I have Berlin Model Y 2023 RWD i have the 10.25 screen received today , i was wondering if any facing any one facing issues Software , 4G signal , Carplay connectivity issues ?

- x6 cables i have noticed in the box

Finally bit the bullet and punched through my firewall and install this.
On my Shanghai Model 3 2023 RHD (AU & NZ) can confirm a few things.

- The CANBUS plug is indeed on the drivers side, which made a tight run for the power out the central firewall on the passenger side.
- If you can - try and punch the hole from the frunk side as the rubber plug is on that side and pops off in that direction - I managed to retrieve mine but good luck getting you hand in there to push it back in - the passenger side has a second rubberised layer which can't move so it better to poke against.
- Cabling comes in and then through centre console then under the floor and is JUST long enough. Theres a grounding bolt on the drivers side centre which is useful.
- Still trying to find a way to feed the cable for the camera on the front grill. Will try again another day.
- The unit on RHD are definitely on the piss when installed and even with the rubber pads to tilt it its still on the piss. Next time I have the dash off I'm going to measure the base and try and 3D print a wedge to correct this.

As for the unit itself -
It's too big by about 20% - this would be better as a 9" to fit the proportions of the main screen.
Chinese knock of graphic design is in full effect, fonts don't match, icons wrong scale.
Some janky Android stuff happening - hotspot won't disable, google play is a mission to get to work. I have a feeling adding a SIM would make it happier but theres definitely some Chinese crapware hiding behind the scenes and limited ability to do much it without ADB. Did manage to turn on developer options.
Can only control the unit via steering when not in Cruise control - am I missing something? Up and down adjust set speed when cruising and thus no control other than touch.
No album art or info when using CarPlay on the Tesla screen.

Overall CarPlay is good to have back, a centred speed indicator and hopefully the forward camera soon.

And some more technical info I've discovered in my messing around. Still fighting Zlink5 reopening when messing in android screens, which takes over the Wifi and disconnects the internet. Also finding apps that you intentionally set to have no location sharing enabled silently renewable - Tencent Video HD is a good example. This definitely shows some Chinese jankiness - check the MAC address for wifi and BT.
There is a newer version of ZLink5 (7.4.12) although it won't open on my tester Android phone so am a little apprehensive of updating the dash.

About Device -
Build number (literally nothing shown)
AUTH:0
WiFi MAC:02:00:00:00:00:00
BT MAC: 00:01:02:03:04:05
ANDROID:202302282110 (4G)
MCU.MS048-mtk_C01_wgz01z-zZzXBS_XBS-CC56A097-14_20220720-12:13
APP: A007_CO8_HA1_OSU-EN-D_2023-02-28-2057

Zlink5 V5.2.83
ID XXXX (removed by me)
SN XXXX(removed by me)
KEY XXXX(removed by me)
PLATFORM XINBASI-A007
WIRELESS CPW AAW
DISPLAY 1280x720-1280x720
FEATURES CPW AAL AAW QTW AML AMW
VERSION 52c19b738e7ae2a2d743c9a2ddb9418466f6c736

V5.2.83#2D61B5A4_WA 2022-09-16T09:07Z XINBASI Ultimate

Also just to clarify I have a Carview 10.25" but I'm yet to see anything that says these aren't the same units Hannshow sell.

Last edited:
Great post iotech.

Trying to do some messing myself. Need to try and fix the angle for the RHD myself. Screen is mostly fine but looks awful on the dash because it. Why don't they have RHD plastic mount we could swap too.

How did you many developer options..wondering what changing dpi would do.

Just wondering did anyone else have GPS issues. Seemed fine the first 2 days and then suddenly it's either not getting signal or really low and terrible accuracy.

GPS aerial is in location suggested. (RHD car, left side)

I fixed the permissions to the google drive link and added some more stuff (install and operation manuals).
Theres also a newer version of Zlink5 in there which I tried to install and although it installed and even had the loading screen (but called TLink5) not much happened and rebooting just get me back to the original install.

The wifi issue was caused by settings in ZLink - which are only accessible when first connecting CarPlay so you have to be quick to access. I have reliable wifi to the unit (and an FTP server). Theres basically three different settings menus to control everything.

- The access code to some settings is 6688. Would love to know the code for the next level of menus in there.
- Definitely not rooted.
- A basic AVG scan reports that the Google App has malware.
- You can't uninstall the Chinese Media and Nav apps but they can be disabled - once you jump through the hoops of getting to some of the Android backend.

Is there any way to turn the screen completely off? I've gotten over the novelty of it and really only use it for the front camera when needed. At night, even the "Off" with the clock the screen itself is still on, which causes a glare for me with ceramic tint since it's close to the driver side window.

A few weeks in I'm mostly happy just to have CarPlay again as my phone is my everything device and having it all just be the same once I get in the car (music/nav) is worth the loss of airflow.

Some more negatives to add -
Bluetooth pairing hell - phone rings, goes through screen via CarPlay, then on to Tesla via BT - which mic is picking up my voice? It seems to be the once in the fish tank in the boot. I have had more than one call where I've ended up holding the phone to my face on speaker just to be heard.
CarPlay sometimes doesn't connect perfectly (20% of the time) and the best fix is a reboot of the dash screen.
And probably the worst is that when connected 'correctly' (aka Bluetooth hell above) the Nokia ring tone comes out and something in Chinese is announced repeatedly. The graphics pops up on screen but is some weird step child look as its not CarPlay nor android. There are zero settings for turning this off.
Screen is still too big - 8" would be the perfect size for airflow and legibility.