Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick help regarding Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any other M3 owners on this forum chime in if they've been charged for M3 supercharging?
Here is my supercharge charge yesterday at Woodburn, OR
upload_2018-4-1_14-40-38.png

And here is the pending transaction for my CreditCard, that was configured in my Tesla account.
upload_2018-4-1_14-39-59.png

Are you sure you are checking the correct credit card?

Are you sure you are checking the correct credit card?

I'm definitely checking the correct credit card, because yesterday I did my 3rd supercharger visit and this time the charge came through.

The best explanation I can come up with is that the first two visits were with in 24 hours of me taking delivery. Maybe that was too quick for my info to be propagated throughout the system.

The best explanation I can come up with is that the first two visits were with in 24 hours of me taking delivery. Maybe that was too quick for my info to be propagated throughout the system.
My first Supercharging session was 7 hours after delivery and the second was about 30 hours after delivery.

Did you supercharge at different locations all three times?

Tesla has several different databases that are not linked together. Just because you used a credit card for your reservation or configuration order does not mean that the credit card info is in the supercharger billing database.

I asked what happens if the credit card info is not associated with the vehicle VIN. I was told that in such a situation, the supercharger fees would accumulate and be added to the bill when you bring the vehicle in for service/maintenance. So it is possible that you will be charged fir those unbilled supercharging at a later time.

So how are the supercharges tracked if the UI does not reflect any supercharger use?
They are tracked in your account at Tesla SSO – Login
There is a series of links at the upper right portion of the screen that includes "History." That will have the supercharger history.

I received a free one of 9kWh yesterday that shows in the account history but not on the screen in the car. No explanation for why it was free.

I also experienced a supercharger shutdown/restart a few weeks ago. For that one only the second portion was displayed and charged my credit card. There seems to be no record of the first part. Just to be clear, the entire station shut down a couple times during that session. It was not a case of unplug/replug the car.

I'm definitely checking the correct credit card, because yesterday I did my 3rd supercharger visit and this time the charge came through.

Not sure about his issue but I was told that the Car transfer to owners is not immediate, it takes a while for the mother ship to finalize the transfer of owner data to ELON's Lair. Likely this 'lag' time would explain the "free" supercharging. I am having trouble using phone as key and my car was dropped off today and the Tesla help line told me it would take few days....

Some of these explanations are logical, but none of them seem to apply to my situation. Car shows up in account, card is saved in account, history on account lists each supercharge visiy as "No Fee," UI shows nothing, phone works as key, credit card has no charges. Its coming up on three weeks now.

Definitely not complaining, just curious.

I just got my M3 on Friday. I was informed by Tesla that they haven't yet figured out how to charge M3 owners for supercharging, so for now it is free for M3 owners. I had a long trip over the weekend as was able to charge twice at a supercharger. Seems to be free for now.

I've charged two times at a Supercharger in my new 3 and I haven't seen any charge appear anywhere, so I concur with what you've seen and heard.

A moment later...

Based upon a previous post, I just checked my "History" tab in my Tesla online account and the history shows both of my recent Model 3 Supercharging sessions but they're showing as $0.00 cost.