TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

R/C Car, Part Deux

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Todd Burch, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Unexpectedly received a Roadster R/C car in the mail today from Tesla. The card says it's a New Years gift.

I thought this was pretty cool since I'm only a Model S P reservation holder. Anyway, the rest of you might want to warm up your thumbs.

2. Todd Burch

BTW: VFX, you'll be happy to hear it's a Very Orange model.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

y?

4. Todd Burch

Because it looks like your car. Never mind me. It was late and I'd been drinking :) hehe.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

OK. I get it. except mine is copper (custom).

6. Todd Burch

Just assumed from the photo. Well aren't you special? :) hehe.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

#7 AnOutsider, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    Came home to one myself. It's also Orange and pretty cool. Haven't opened it thought... for one I just wanna have it like a collector's tiem, for two... well, there's lead warnings all over it haha

[​IMG]

8. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Got the copper/maroon one. My 4-year-old is having a blast with it right now! Great gift, Tesla! Thanks!

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Here's what a copper toy looks like.

Attached Files:

10. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Got one today! pleasantly surprised with a maroon one.

11. Geoff

Geoff Member

Mine arrived yesterday. I was out all day and found the surprise waiting for me! Maroon version here.

12. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

I received mine yesterday also. It's the orange one.

13. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Given I reserved my Model S last week, I suspect (sadly) that I won't be getting one if it's a New Year's gift thing :(

14. Lush1

Lush1 Member

Got an orange one. No driver. Seen them on Amazon & Target websites. No drivers in pics. Did some come with drivers or were those customer retrofits? I really don't care. I'm just thrilled to get such another cool gift for reserving a Model S. The mug, hat, shirt swag box I got after reservig a Model S was sweet. Got a similar gift after leasing a 98 Blazer. The R/C car is way cooler. I'm keeping mine sealed in the box. Probably will buy another to play with. The only other premium I ever got from an automaker came from Chrysler just for ordering a PT Cruiser catalog from their website. It contained a nice booklet and a little silver Matchbox PT Cruiser. I thought that was pretty special at the time but Tesla outclassed them by 342.2 miles. Tesla is a class act. The toy and the recent videos were like crack to a coke addict. Love it, love it, love it. I can't wait until I the day I can get a scale model Model S. I don't care if it's diecast, plastic, kit or prebuilt. I would prefer a kit because I like building models but anything would be great. Guess it's a little early for the scale model market but I'm anxiously awaiting that day. I got my firts Mercedes this year and I really love it, except for the milage. It was used but a terrific deal and I needed to get rid of my G35 manual because I have disk problems and the shifting was getting painful. If not for Tesla I probably would have become a permanent MB buyer. Maybe someday Benz will have a nice EV but if the Tesla's build quality and appointments are anywhere near as good as they are looking Mercedes is going to have a hard time keeping me. The S looks like it's shaping up to be a marvelous machine. Life just keeps looking better and better. I have never been so excited about getting a car in my life, even my first car. P.S. Anybody know if the Model S will travel to other auto shows around the U.S.? Philly's show is coming up soon and the prospect of seeing a full sized Model S there would have me camping outside the Convention Center, waiting for the doors to open. The world is about to change and I can't wait. Did I mention I'm excited?

15. Aurvandil

Aurvandil P85

Got the R/C car today. Orange, btw. Nice toy, but the greeting card that came with it was awesome. It shows a bright green Roadster overlooking...
    IMG (Small).jpg

16. howabout2

howabout2 Member

Funny that they added photoshopped smoke in the version of the photo used at their Roadster image gallery:

a_4508033_web.jpg

17. Tommy

Tommy Member

The towers in the photo look like cracking towers used in oil refineries to "crack" oil into gasoline and other petroleum products. Normally no smoke but rather steam can be seen rising from these towers when weather conditions are just right; a small flame usually burns on top of these towers when the refining is in balance but can grow to a large flare-up when the refining process is not operating at its best.

A subtle message on Tesla's part.

18. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#18 TEG, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  19. howabout2

howabout2 Member

Yes, indeed. However, my point was that the same smoke/steam is absent in the Happy New Years image that Aurvandil scanned and posted. I just found it funny that they decided to remove it for one or add it for the other.

20. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

And license plate in one, and not the other.