Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

R/C Car, Part Deux

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came home to one myself. It's also Orange and pretty cool. Haven't opened it thought... for one I just wanna have it like a collector's tiem, for two... well, there's lead warnings all over it haha

163403_496058263679_528253679_5953924_6774085_n.jpg

Last edited:
Got an orange one. No driver. Seen them on Amazon & Target websites. No drivers in pics. Did some come with drivers or were those customer retrofits? I really don't care. I'm just thrilled to get such another cool gift for reserving a Model S. The mug, hat, shirt swag box I got after reservig a Model S was sweet. Got a similar gift after leasing a 98 Blazer. The R/C car is way cooler. I'm keeping mine sealed in the box. Probably will buy another to play with. The only other premium I ever got from an automaker came from Chrysler just for ordering a PT Cruiser catalog from their website. It contained a nice booklet and a little silver Matchbox PT Cruiser. I thought that was pretty special at the time but Tesla outclassed them by 342.2 miles. Tesla is a class act. The toy and the recent videos were like crack to a coke addict. Love it, love it, love it. I can't wait until I the day I can get a scale model Model S. I don't care if it's diecast, plastic, kit or prebuilt. I would prefer a kit because I like building models but anything would be great. Guess it's a little early for the scale model market but I'm anxiously awaiting that day. I got my firts Mercedes this year and I really love it, except for the milage. It was used but a terrific deal and I needed to get rid of my G35 manual because I have disk problems and the shifting was getting painful. If not for Tesla I probably would have become a permanent MB buyer. Maybe someday Benz will have a nice EV but if the Tesla's build quality and appointments are anywhere near as good as they are looking Mercedes is going to have a hard time keeping me. The S looks like it's shaping up to be a marvelous machine. Life just keeps looking better and better. I have never been so excited about getting a car in my life, even my first car. P.S. Anybody know if the Model S will travel to other auto shows around the U.S.? Philly's show is coming up soon and the prospect of seeing a full sized Model S there would have me camping outside the Convention Center, waiting for the doors to open. The world is about to change and I can't wait. Did I mention I'm excited?

Funny that they added photoshopped smoke in the version of the photo used at their Roadster image gallery

The towers in the photo look like cracking towers used in oil refineries to "crack" oil into gasoline and other petroleum products. Normally no smoke but rather steam can be seen rising from these towers when weather conditions are just right; a small flame usually burns on top of these towers when the refining is in balance but can grow to a large flare-up when the refining process is not operating at its best.

A subtle message on Tesla's part.