Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio and Spotify keep freezing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Are any of you getting issues with Spotify and the radio freezing on your model 3's yet? I find that quite often they'll just stop playing or if I'm listening to the radio it keeps glitching really badly. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm in a bad reception area but it seems to happen on all of my trips.

Would love to know if anyone else gets these issues.

Hi Guys,

Are any of you getting issues with Spotify and the radio freezing on your model 3's yet? I find that quite often they'll just stop playing or if I'm listening to the radio it keeps glitching really badly. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm in a bad reception area but it seems to happen on all of my trips.

Would love to know if anyone else gets these issues.

That's a worrying sign. The UK is quite a difficult place for DAB radio reception and some cars handle it better than others. Perhaps ask some Model S and X owners if they have experienced the same issues, particularly where you live. I expect this is Teslas only experience with DAB and Spotify in-car streaming in the UK. I will follow this post with interest. Please let us know if the problem persists or resolves.

Spotify can be very hit and miss, although has improved of late.

Often will work for a day or two, then it will hang until it decides to work. Sometimes switching to radio and back again will sort it out, alternatively the universal ‘fix all’ two scroll wheel MCU reboot is the best option.

I don’t have much experience of DAB but that, for me anyway, is much more reliable.

I'm sure I saw FM and DAB in the euro spec car at Heathrow. DAB really hit and miss here and although useful to have (radio 5 sports xtra), FM will be our main source of radio.

Couple of things I am having doubts about, and lack of FM may become the straw...

I find DAB reception pretty flaky in the countryside (Model X with premium audio), but FM is fine and it switches seamlessly. Internet radio and Spotify are generally ok, but very prone to software bugs requiring the odd reset (less so of late). I'm actually quite impressed with the mobile signal out in the sticks, it's way better than my iPhone signal and rarely drops out on the road, except in our village which is right at the bottom of a dip between two steep hills.

Bluetooth streaming is okay too, but I rarely use it. Much prefer the built-in premium Spotify.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.