Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jimmyz80 can you give initial delivery day/process to now?
Also, we’re you given option of Charlotte delivery? I’m assuming you didn’t*ignore that part I saw post above

Reserved: 3/31/16 at Raleigh, NC. Was about 100 people deep in the line, and I'm also a current owner.
Ordered: 5/31/18 (As soon as the invitation showed up)
Estimated Delivery on Site: Sep.'18 - Nov.'18
Received VIN Email: 8/3/18
Scheduled Delivery Date from VIN Email: 8/26/18
Delivery #1 Cancelled (After final payment): 8/17/18
Delivery #2 Scheduled (for 8/31/18): 8/29/18

Between the last two events, there was a long period where Tesla had no idea where my car was, and then later some offers to pick it up in Charlotte. I denied for a number of reasons.

Reactions: srharris22
They just need to add another sales/SC in the area, IMHO. Like a new one in Durham or Chapel Hill. Just having two in the whole state is probably unsustainable.
First of all, they need to fix the Raleigh situation. Having one in Raleigh like the one in Charlotte (sales center/service center combined) with lots of parking etc is what Raleigh needs in my opinion.
As far as adding a 3rd sales/service center, Greensboro or Winston should be the location---large population that is being ignored right now.

they have been looking for property for a while. They had something lined up but once it was all said and done it wasn't going to allow for the growth that they knew was coming. I think they are trying to be strategic about the location but at some point just buy some land and go. Unless they want to have premium location for advertising without advertising so gotta wait for someone to move out.

they have been looking for property for a while. They had something lined up but once it was all said and done it wasn't going to allow for the growth that they knew was coming. I think they are trying to be strategic about the location but at some point just buy some land and go. Unless they want to have premium location for advertising without advertising so gotta wait for someone to move out.
I wonder if there is an existing/former car dealer lot they could take over like the Charlotte SC did.

I think most of the unpleasant experience is due to a lack of communication between the ISAs based in Vegas and the actual local delivery people.

We often hear from ISAs that they don't where the cars are. But do they really cannot it out? It is certainly not the case.

It is also why so often ISA schedule an appointment in Raleigh based on their common sense, but end up canceling the appointment by realizing the car is not in Raleigh couple of days before it. Once again, many ISAs do not have the latest update about Raleigh's loss of storage lot.

All of these can be avoidable if they can communicate better.

My experience is the local delivery people do so much better jobs fthan the ISAs in Vegas.

NON-owner. Reserved. 3/31/16. Ordered 6/29/18. AWD. MSM. EAP. 18’ Aero. Raleigh delivery. Have VIN. Tentative delivery was for Sept 10.

Found this thread today. So I am realizing now that my delivery will likely be delayed.

Any benefit to offering to switch to charlotte? It appears all the cars are landing at Charlotte first.

NON-owner. Reserved. 3/31/16. Ordered 6/29/18. AWD. MSM. EAP. 18’ Aero. Raleigh delivery. Have VIN. Tentative delivery was for Sept 10.

Found this thread today. So I am realizing now that my delivery will likely be delayed.

Any benefit to offering to switch to charlotte? It appears all the cars are landing at Charlotte first.
Some people are getting delivery on time here, but also many get delayed. If Charlotte is convenient then I’d go ahead and request personally speaking.

Reactions: TrickyDimitri

If the tentative delivery is made by an ISA from Vegas, likely he/she isn't aware of the storage situation in Raleigh. That means you are likely have to schedule again.

Another option for Tesla is moving its store and service center to Cary. Cary has higher average household income than Raleigh. It also has quite a few dealerships around and some open spaces.

I do not know all of the legal details but Tesla is not considered a dealership. Technically dealerships cannot be owned by the manufacturer.
So Tesla has to dance around the rules of each state.

First time poster here. I just wanted to say that I am in Durham. I was originally scheduled to pick up my new Model 3 in Raleigh, but proactively moved it to Charlotte after I found out about the Logistics issues.

I just got off the phone with Charlotte and they confirmed my car is there and that i'm picking it up on Saturday during the noon delivery event! I'm so excited!

If someone happens to be on the lot in Charlotte, i'd love to see a picture of it! It's the Midnight Silver, Long Range, Black Interior, Aero Wheels. VIN 4495X

Here's my story:
Reserved on 06/29/18
Configured/Ordered on 07/11/18
First heard from ISA on 07/23/18, VIN assigned.
On 07/25, Delivery originally scheduled: 08/18/18
On 8/15/18 Rescheduled for 08/23/18 - Car was still in Birmingham
Contacted ISA on 8/20/18 - Car was still in Birmingham, ISA said probably still 2 weeks.
On 8/24/18 - Test drove Model 3 LR in Raleigh. My only comment on the car is, of all the cars that Tesla makes...this one is the slowest...blows my mind. Chatted with sales rep during test drive...he mentioned some of the logistical issues in Raleigh.
On 8/24/18, in the evening - I googled...found pretty much the whole story about raleigh...including this thread. I emailed the sales rep in Raleigh and asked about pickup in Charlotte. He had me e-mail some of their local delivery managers in Raleigh, which I did.
On 8/28/18, I got a call from my ISA saying my car made it to Charlotte and how about I pick it up there? I immediately agreed!

Over the last few days it's been a whirlwind of getting all the right people together to get insurance, financing, etc. in line and ready to go. But I just finished up my paperwork in Raleigh...The bank has sent the check to Tesla...All that's left to do is drive to Charlotte. I'm sure i'll meet a good number of you at the event!