Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At what point do they hand you over to the local DS?

It really depends. I have seen better ISAs than worse ones. Sometimes, they will just have you hang there with them and never hand you over to local DS until near your delivery day.

In the Raleigh case, it is particularly damaging. You may end up waiting for a month before the car transporting from Charlotte to Raleigh.

It really depends. I have seen better ISAs than worse ones. Sometimes, they will just have you hang there with them and never hand you over to local DS until near your delivery day.

In the Raleigh case, it is particularly damaging. You may end up waiting for a month before the car transporting from Charlotte to Raleigh.

I'm pretty torn on the point because on the one hand I don't want constant last minute appointment/cancellation stuff for weeks.. on the other hand I don't want a 2-3 hour drive between picking up the car and bringing it to the shop to get PPF applied.

I'm pretty torn on the point because on the one hand I don't want constant last minute appointment/cancellation stuff for weeks.. on the other hand I don't want a 2-3 hour drive between picking up the car and bringing it to the shop to get PPF applied.
im in the same boat as you I am getting PPF so why risk the rock chips. It would be nice for Tesla to fix this quickly. Why cant they just rent another lot close to Westgate?

Well I got the email today that the car is on the way, replied to the questions and we'll see about a delivery date. Based on what I read here I've offered to go to Charlotte if that will be more expedient, assuming the guy on the other end knows nothing about the backup in Raleigh. In other news my Model S needed 2 new tires.. fun things to buy right before turning in a lease :)

Well I got the email today that the car is on the way, replied to the questions and we'll see about a delivery date. Based on what I read here I've offered to go to Charlotte if that will be more expedient, assuming the guy on the other end knows nothing about the backup in Raleigh. In other news my Model S needed 2 new tires.. fun things to buy right before turning in a lease :)

When did you reserve/order?

I received the same e-mail. Did you get it from Brandon Green? I responded within minutes with the info he requested, and asked him a few questions. Haven't received a response from him yet though, so I am still unclear on a potential delivery date. I am in Charlotte. Day 2 reservation, Aug 5th order.

Been following this thread since before this past weekend, so I'm definitely new around here. I did see several people picked up their M3 this past weekend, Congratulations!
So here we are, I just got my first email from Tesla!
Order placed: Aug. 31st
Estimated Delivery: Nov - Jan.
Email just received from an Andrew, with an estimated delivery date of Sep. 10th!!! @ Charlotte, with a 1-2 week window for logistics.

Has anyone had home delivery in Raleigh area? I know they'd like me to drive to Charlotte, but it's not a trade-in so there is 0 benefit for me to drive to Charlotte. Obviously I will bring up my concerns with the point of contact, just curious on others experiences.

Been following this thread since before this past weekend, so I'm definitely new around here. I did see several people picked up their M3 this past weekend, Congratulations!
So here we are, I just got my first email from Tesla!
Order placed: Aug. 31st
Estimated Delivery: Nov - Jan.
Email just received from an Andrew, with an estimated delivery date of Sep. 10th!!! @ Charlotte, with a 1-2 week window for logistics.

Has anyone had home delivery in Raleigh area? I know they'd like me to drive to Charlotte, but it's not a trade-in so there is 0 benefit for me to drive to Charlotte. Obviously I will bring up my concerns with the point of contact, just curious on others experiences.
Guessing you ordered RWD?
Don’t think we have seen a home delivery around raleigh.

I went by the Raleigh sales office today. If you have a red Performance M3, your car is ready for pickup! They had two of them out front.

I talked with the Sales folk for about a half hour. Very friendly folk. They mentioned that the plan is to have big delivery events on Saturday in Charlotte every two weeks. So plan accordingly. And yes, they are still way backed up. The Sales guy said they are only doing 9 deliveries this week.

I went by the Raleigh sales office today. If you have a red Performance M3, your car is ready for pickup! They had two of them out front.

I talked with the Sales folk for about a half hour. Very friendly folk. They mentioned that the plan is to have big delivery events on Saturday in Charlotte every two weeks. So plan accordingly. And yes, they are still way backed up. The Sales guy said they are only doing 9 deliveries this week.

One of those red ones is a test drive car AFAIK (at least that's what I did my test drive in)

9 deliveries- that's what, a single truck worth?

I get finding commercial parking might be a little challenging, but they can't get a second truck load a week at least?

Reactions: srharris22
I mean, they don't even really need extra spots to do a second truck a week. (though they had more than 9 model 3s parked at their sales room and at/behind their delivery center, not counting the now-gone on-street parking at all, last 2 times I was there)

If they have room for 9 now then they just deliver those 9 Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (that's like 1 every 2.67 hours they're open- hardly a ton of work given any time I've been there there's been at least 2 or 3 people sitting around offering me drinks and to show me how to plug things into wall sockets while I wait for the actual person I was there to see)

Then Wednesday afternoon the truck shows up with 9 more they deliver Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Saturday afternoon a truck shows up with 9 more. Rinse and repeat.

This ain't rocket surgery.

I received the same e-mail. Did you get it from Brandon Green? I responded within minutes with the info he requested, and asked him a few questions. Haven't received a response from him yet though, so I am still unclear on a potential delivery date. I am in Charlotte. Day 2 reservation, Aug 5th order.

Yep, same guy - and I replied right away too -- with no response yet either. I'm expecting at least a 24 hour turnaround on emails, which isn't fun. Not at all like the buying an S experience was.