Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TVP- Still waiting to get it back (takes them a few days to apply and for it to cure) will report back after

Hoping by the time it's done Tesla will have gotten around to actually reporting the car as delivered in their system so I can use the app :)
Thanks, I'm thinking of PPF and Ceramic.

Also, I'm sorry if its been asked and this is redundant, but have you ensured that Mobile Access has been enabled in your M3 settings? I had to enable it while other had it done at delivery.

Thanks, I'm thinking of PPF and Ceramic.

Also, I'm sorry if its been asked and this is redundant, but have you ensured that Mobile Access has been enabled in your M3 settings? I had to enable it while other had it done at delivery.

Yup, I'm sure.... my tesla.com account still shows my delivery as "Sept-Nov 18"

Teslas system doesn't think my car was delivered yet- so the car doesn't even appear in the tesla app for me right now.

Ok they got a lot? Please explain.

I just heard that they aren't doing home deliveries now from my IDA. They have acquired a lot that requires "it to be ready". My car wouldn't be scheduled until then.

Who knows if it's true. My guess is they did their end of the quarter push, don't much care that I've paid in full and are just making more excuses. My car was shipped from Fremont almost 2 months ago. Honestly, I'm just tired of the nonsense and incompetence. Maybe it'll change when I get the car, but I can't see me being a repeat customer at this point.

I just heard that they aren't doing home deliveries now from my IDA. They have acquired a lot that requires "it to be ready". My car wouldn't be scheduled until then.

Who knows if it's true. My guess is they did their end of the quarter push, don't much care that I've paid in full and are just making more excuses. My car was shipped from Fremont almost 2 months ago. Honestly, I'm just tired of the nonsense and incompetence. Maybe it'll change when I get the car, but I can't see me being a repeat customer at this point.

They have a lot on South Wilmington St in Raleigh they're using to deliver cars now (unknown for how long given how quickly they lost the previous holding lot)... it's not equipped for serious prep of cars or anything (they basically have a hose and some detailing spray and that is it)- they're still expecting them to arrive from Charlotte already prepped (and often they're not doing a great job of it there).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

I feel the same way. The lies and incompetence have taken all the fun out of getting this car. Way to go tesla.

• Informative
I feel the same way. The lies and incompetence have taken all the fun out of getting this car. Way to go tesla.
It is all worth it. Driving it is a joy. Bumper to bumper traffic on I77 in the morning is actually fun now with autopilot. I smile every time I use summon to take the car out of my garage in the morning (wife parks too close to the center line for my fat ass to get out of the car), I step in and my music is already playing without me doing anything, reverse down the driveway and the garage door automatically closes, drive out of my neighborhood without making a peep and waking neighbors up at 6:00 in the morning, get out of my neighborhood and am able to easily make the left turn onto a road with two lanes in each direction and get up to speed lightning fast if needed, autopilot for the 32 miles I am on the highway, driving through the construction of I77 toll roads, get to work and autopark in one of the spots with free charging, charge my car (for free) during the first 5 hours of the day then move it to another parking space to open up the charger. Yes, Life is good with a model 3. Know you are buying one of the worlds safest cars. Know that you are buying a car that looks absolutely amazing. That drives amazing. That is a technological marvel, and that keeps getting better with software updates. It is all worth it....

They have a lot on South Wilmington St in Raleigh they're using to deliver cars now (unknown for how long given how quickly they lost the previous holding lot)... it's not equipped for serious prep of cars or anything (they basically have a hose and some detailing spray and that is it)- they're still expecting them to arrive from Charlotte already prepped (and often they're not doing a great job of it there).

If that's "the lot", they are just lying/miscommunicating as it's already been used to deliver cars.

Yeah..... that's the same lot they used to deliver cars for the Q3 push so I am confused by what they need to get ready as far as I know the lot is ready.

Yeah..... that's the same lot they used to deliver cars for the Q3 push so I am confused by what they need to get ready as far as I know the lot is ready.

Maybe they're pausing to actually set up a real office there?

when I took delivery Sunday they were unable to provide any paperwork for me to take home since they had no printer/copier/etc, and their car prep capabilities were....exceedingly limited...

• Informative
Maybe they're pausing to actually set up a real office there?

when I took delivery Sunday they were unable to provide any paperwork for me to take home since they had no printer/copier/etc, and their car prep capabilities were....exceedingly limited...
I hope that's the case. its a shame we don't know what the truth is at this point. A little transparency would go a long way here.

Reactions: neroden and Sg911
Initial thoughts on the car?

I was pleasantly surprised fit/finish wise after reading so many horror stories...no gap issues, no "this isn't flush but should be" issues, no fault left turn signal... but a couple minor paint imperfections that cleaned right up.

Opening/closing the frunk didn't seem QUITE as "you're gonna break it!" as I feared from reading on here, but the trunk seems plenty solid and easier to access too so will probably stick to that in most cases.

Driving-wise? Somewhat limited as I only got to drive it from the delivery lot to the PPF installer... and that carefully to not get behind any trucks or anything that might throw up a rock....that said:

The 0-60 isn't a P, but it definitely was noticeably better than a RWD, and I didn't feel any "lag" (only got to try this a couple of times though)

At-speed acceleration is... weird...with no downshift and no noise it just goes, so doesn't "feel" quick but it measurably is when doing this.

Handling is great given the awful all-season tires, still planning to swap PS 4s tires on there but given how late in the year it is might end up waiting for spring.

I'm going to need some time to get used to the speedometer on the right, but found it "close enough" in field of vision I think it'll be fine.

Seats were quite comfortable but again it was only a short drive.

Mirrors are pretty tiny...even when adjusted correctly, V9 can't come soon enough with the blind spot stuff... I do wish it could do split-display like the S/X to keep the rear cam on all the time while still displaying other info.

Also going to need some time to get used to regen, that'll probably be the biggest "while driving" adjustment honestly.

Control-wise- I'd still prefer physical buttons for a very few things (mainly climate, and seriously the glovebox), but suspect I'll get over it.... Since V9 apparently reorganizes some of the menus I'm hoping it's out widely soon so I don't have to bother to learn the "old" organization.

Stereo (playing some high quality files I had on USB) was excellent....will need some more time to properly compare to the Mark Levinson system I had in my Lexus, but I don't think I'll be disappointed in the results.

Overall very much looking forward to getting it back soon and putting some real miles on it.

An update to this, I got a call from the person who handled my delivery (not my IDA). She told me that my "paperwork" was submitted over the weekend, and that the issue has to do with updating my account "not at a Tesla SC". She told me this should be fixed within a couple hours. Hopefully I can use summon today!
Because I like to talk to myself, I'm going to continue to update y'all on this.... The person who handled my delivery did not have "anything wrong" on her side, everything was "marked as delivered". I called again and she said she pushed it up to her manager this morning. Since I haven't heard anything else, I decided to call my IDA, who I hadn't heard from in a little while. She picked up the phone and she happened to be updating it now on her side, she said it should be good to go by today or tomorrow, we're getting closer to Summon and not having to use the key card everywhere!

@Treasure I'm in the same boat on app access... I called Raleigh SC yesterday and they said it's taking about a week (I got my car last friday). Can't wait to avoid the annoying keycard.

Otherwise, the car is f-ing amazing.
Got an email from my Delivery advisor and the famous "Tesla Quick Guide to Ownership" email an hour ago. I then got a follow up email stating that there are delays and my car is "marked as delivered". I checked my account and it's still not marked as delivered and the app doesn't work yet... Still waiting for summon, but things are in motion!