Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 8 without a license plate. Food supplies gone. Getting really hungry, may have to eat one of the kids. Do I risk the drive to the grocery store without a plate? Cops are circling like vultures, I can feel it. EAP disappeared with the license plate, might not be able to get to the store anyway.

that is critical. i suggest you print out your own plate and go for it. make your luck.

Day 9. Raleigh confirms no new temp tag. No estimate on "real" plate. Software version 48.12 loaded this morning. Still no signs of EAP, maybe it went for help (it's an AI isn't it?). But at least I can play fart sounds in the car. in the garage. Been drinking pool water to fight the hunger pangs.

• Funny
Reactions: deadlion
"Our computer system is down now, can I call you back" After 20 min on the phone, she doesn't know where my car is.

I offered to come down to delivery center if she need be. She is insisting to call me back.

God knows if my car is even produced. Paid cash for it, and there is no balance, did all the work on my end. SIGH

I’m feeling kind of guilty over my smooth delivery. ..... nah.

Raleigh store told me they don’t have staff for home delivery and must go to S Wilmington st. Which I preferred anyway.

Good luck man. .
Waiting in parking lot.

I never requested home delivery. They told me home only. They scheduled it, and they confirmed it. Anyways thats in the past. 8 people ahead of me..... hope they can find my car.

Thanks

Just got it

Attachments

• home1.jpg
    home1.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 66
  • home 2.jpg
    home 2.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: deadlion
Day 12 on expired temporary tags. Tesla can't deliver but Santa can! Changed our Christmas list over to food, should be able to make it to the New Year without eating any more kids or pets. Wait, does that put me on the naughty list?

If I could get them to reactivate my EAP/FSD, I could turn my headlights off and sneak to the food store in the middle of the night. Regen braking would keep the brake lights off and I could get past the cops.

Once again, not feeling guilty on the smooth experience. Ordered 11/28. Notified 12/05. Received 12/17. Plates arrived today 01/09. Condition apparently perfect. Ahh the good life.

i wonder if the pace at the Raleigh office has slowed down? With the price decrease, the effect of the credit reduction is really marginal.

Day 12 on expired temporary tags. Tesla can't deliver but Santa can! Changed our Christmas list over to food, should be able to make it to the New Year without eating any more kids or pets. Wait, does that put me on the naughty list?

If I could get them to reactivate my EAP/FSD, I could turn my headlights off and sneak to the food store in the middle of the night. Regen braking would keep the brake lights off and I could get past the cops.

Day 29 on expired temporary tags, 59 days after delivery. Not a word from anybody in two weeks. Crickets. (Hey! More protein in a pound of crickets than a pound of steak!) If they'd given me another temp tag, it would expire tomorrow.

Christmas food is gone (Elf tastes like chicken!). Maybe Elon can load up his Starship hopper mission with food for me and drop by. Bring a plate (Hah, I kill me).

Day 29 on expired temporary tags, 59 days after delivery. Not a word from anybody in two weeks.

Ya know, there is something to be said for a dealership with a sales manager who doesn't want you standing in the middle of his (or her) showroom floor and in a firm well modulated voice audible throughout the showroom asking for someone to step up and fix a problem that has become ridiculous.

Show up on a Saturday and make waves.

They keep offering me a rental car, but I don't need it. I still have the trade in they only offered me $300 for, it runs just fine. It occurred to me, even before your post, that I should park it in the front of the Service Center with a sign in the window saying "undriveable." I have a long gravel driveway and with all the rain we've had, it's pretty muddy. Probably stands out.

The problem, though, is that the folks at the Charlotte Service Center have nothing to do with it. The tag comes from Raleigh, and even they're hamstrung because the folks in California won't do anything. I put in another "Need help" ticket with "executive review" but the last one didn't do anything either.

They keep offering me a rental car, but I don't need it.

One reason I'd take it is they'd either give you a Tesla- in which case hey, you have a working Tesla now and you're saving miles on yours... or they give you an ICE loaner- in which case you're saving miles on YOUR ICE car AND they reimburse you for 100% of your gasoline costs if you turn in the receipts with the car.

Right now you're literally paying for their mistake by driving your own other car and paying for your own gas.

Reactions: SigNC