Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going forward, we can all expect Fast Charging not to damage the NCA batteries in Tesla's, invented by Pr Jeff Dahn if Novonix can validate this below.

Just to add a bit of information to this insightful discussion on Fast Charging.

NOVONIX - making better batteries - Novonix

PUREgraphite – The world's best graphite for lithium ion batteries.

Home

Extreme Fast Charging.jpg

Novonix was spun out of Pr Jeff Dahn's research lab at Dalhousie Uni. Two of his PHD students are major shareholders of Novonix and are running the two business units. Novonix BTS (Dr Chris Burns) and PUREgraphite anode materials (Dr Ed Buiel).

I have mentioned in another thread that the company is working on extreme fast charging and extending the life of Lithium Ion Batteries...

Meet Tesla's new weapon, a battery scientist

http://fortune.com/2015/06/17/meet-teslas-new-weapon-a-battery-scientist/

Novonix's division PUREgraphite's facebook page below.

https://www.facebook.com/puregraphiteusa/

PUREgraphite
12 February ·
One of the biggest challenges for EVs is fast charging. Tesla offers the fastest charging system through their network of super chargers but these systems only charge at 1.25C for the first 50% and 0.6C for the last 50% for a total charge time of about 1h and 15 mins. Charge rate is limited by the graphite anode material and efforts to replace graphite either result in a large penalty in energy density and/or battery life. Graphite materials that exhibit faster charge rate are a key focus of PUREgraphite’s R&D efforts.

PUREgraphite
10 February ·
PUREgraphite is developing new graphite materials that will enable batteries to charge faster, reducing charge times from over an hour to less than 10 minutes. Stay tuned...

PUREgraphite
5 February ·
Did you know, PUREgraphite has already demonstrated longer life batteries compared to the industry best products?

If this is proven and validated, then it will revolutionise Tesla/Panasonic EV batteries and Tesla's themselves.

Cheers

Attachments

• Extreme Fast Charging.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 32
Aellinsar

Imagine charging your Tesla in 8-10min for a 300mile+ charge. Keep your eyes on Novonix, and their American born and bred PUREGrpahite anode technology. (Factory and research center is in Chattanooga Tennessee)

PUREgraphite – The world's best graphite for lithium ion batteries.

Novonix's other division, Novonix BTS has just started manufacturing their Ultra HIgh performance battery cells to test and validate this below at scale. If they can validate their battery's performance in the coming months,

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180723/pdf/43wpg0ddq4326d.pdf

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180725/pdf/43wrb1tg6vt55v.pdf

You all know Pr Jeff Dahn is Tesla's Head of Battery Research

Dr Jeff Dahn Burns battery plant.png

The nation of Qatar won the bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

Once again, Qatar's hosting of the 2022 World Cup is mired in controversy.

It now appears that they used a PR firm to run a smear campaign.

Any of these tactics look familiar;

1) A respected academic writes a negative report, 2) media hit pieces, 3) manufactured opposition 4) incite those whose interest lie elsewhere.

World Cup 2022: Fifa need to conduct "independent investigation" into Qatar bid claims

Fifa has been urged to conduct an "independent investigation" into claims the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid team ran a secret campaign in 2010 to sabotage competing host bids.

The paper claims to have seen leaked documents that show the Qatari bid team employed a US PR firm and ex-CIA agents to smear its rivals - mainly the United States and Australia.

The Qatar bid team is alleged to have employed the New York office of communications company Brown Lloyd Jones, which is now BLJ Worldwide, along with a team of former intelligence officers to run a campaign aimed at undermining one of Fifa's key criteria in the bidding process - that each bid should have strong backing at home.

Some of the alleged aspects of the smear campaign:

• A respected academic was paid $9,000 (£6,870) to write a negative report on the huge economic cost of an American World Cup, which was then distributed to news media around the world.
  • Journalists, bloggers and high-profile figures were recruited in each country to hype up negative aspects of their respective bids.
  • A group of American physical education teachers were recruited to ask their US Congressmen to oppose a US World Cup on the grounds that the money would be better used on high school sports.
  • Grassroots protests were organised at rugby games in Australia opposing the country's bid.

Tesla is definitely heading for deep trouble in Q4 with new orders drying up after the initial surge from the reservation holders for all three variants. Historical Q3 followed by lackluster Q4 for sure. what a mess.

if that ends up being the case, the easy way for them to fix that is to start taking orders for the SR. even if they only start making the SR battery pack at the end of the year, they can still start taking orders for the SR to be delivered in early 2019.

if that ends up being the case, the easy way for them to fix that is to start taking orders for the SR. even if they only start making the SR battery pack at the end of the year, they can still start taking orders for the SR to be delivered in early 2019.

that will kill the company as their SG&A cost them $15,000 per unit it seems.. so they need at least 15K profit on each unit which is impossible at their current production rate.. they will loose money a lot and will bankrupt in one qtr

Tesla is definitely heading for deep trouble in Q4 with new orders drying up after the initial surge from the reservation holders for all three variants. Historical Q3 followed by lackluster Q4 for sure. what a mess.
There is a crap load of people overseas waiting for any Model 3. Seriously doubt Q4 will be bad.

Again, as with the touch screen keyboard, a lot of people complained about it when announced yet very few did so after they've used it.
But how many of those are only looking to buy cars with the IC in the middle, or asked to retrofit their other current cars (like people who have Model 3 and Model S, are they asking for Model S feature to turn off the IC and only use the big screen)?

I'm interested in trying out your time machine so I can go back to the era where people used wired earbuds. ;)
Well, they sell, therefore people use them. Not just earbuds, but also regular headphones. I use wired headphones because they don't run out of battery. I like to keep a few pairs in different convenient places for when I might need them, like jacket pockets. Having to remember to collect them all every few days to charge and them put them back is a hassle I'd rather avoid.

Well, they sell, therefore people use them. Not just earbuds, but also regular headphones. I use wired headphones because they don't run out of battery. I like to keep a few pairs in different convenient places for when I might need them, like jacket pockets. Having to remember to collect them all every few days to charge and them put them back is a hassle I'd rather avoid.
I have some wired ones stashed in various places as backups, too. I was just having fun with you. Wireless is definitely much more convenient, though, and accounts for 99%+ of my usage. Gym, yard work, phone conversations, etc.

Reactions: scaesare
I have some wired ones stashed in various places as backups, too. I was just having fun with you. Wireless is definitely much more convenient, though, and accounts for 99%+ of my usage. Gym, yard work, phone conversations, etc.
My wireless earbuds are in a drawer somewhere out of battery by now. My wireless full over ear noise reducing headphones are always plugged in when not in use, but because of that they are rarely in use. The only wireless headphones I use regularly is a Plantronics headset for my land-phone + cell phone + computer audio.

You’re out of touch. There are people all over the world that can’t get their hands on one at all. Then several European countries have delivery estimates into next year.

Tesla is in the process of adding thousands/wk just for the Chinese market while continuing to up production in the US.
Logistics issues delivering to different parts of the world are not production constrains. You can find inventory models in the US no problem. When they used to be production constrained, there was no inventory models and used ones went for more than new on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.