Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever thought about starting a thread titled "Random Model S Sightings by Family, Friends and Others"? I keep getting second hand sighting from people I know. I have eyes and ears everywhere. :biggrin:

Black 85 with tan interior on West Bay and Indian Rocks Road.

Today I spotted a custom-painted sky blue MS in Los Altos. Sadly I was driving in the opposite direction down Almond St. so I didn't get a great look at the car, but from my quick glance it looked like a stunning paint job and not a wrap. The car also had a personalized license plate but again I only had a passing glance.

Is that anyone on this board? If so, number one, your car is gorgeous! And number two, can you please post some pics?

image.jpg

Too dark to see much more than the license plate "4GETGAS".........sighted near Durham NC on I-40 about 8pm tonight.

Hey Dawn, if you had a woman in a white Honda Pilot stop next to you in Ingomar in traffic and attempt to chat, that was my wife stopping to ask me where I was going. But of course you were not me, though your car looks identical to mine!

Were we at a 3 way stop sign intersection? If so then, yup, that was me. She was going the opposite direction and slowed way down and waved, so I just waved back and kept going. LOL

Seems to happen a lot. I was at the Starbucks at 910 and 79 in Wexford and some guy was on the sidewalk taking a pic of the car. I just said "good morning" and he said "morning" and off we went.

Was also driving back from Cranberry on 19 and was stopped at a red light. Looked in my rearview mirror and saw the guy in car behind me taking a pic of the rear of the car. This prompted me to post on Facebook that you just can't ever go out in the Tesla looking like a bum due to the volume of pics that keep being taken of your car and, thus, you as well. :D

Yesterday afternoon, while southbound in the fast lane of I-95, somewhere between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, I saw a school-bus-yellow car in the northbound fast lane. Only when it was almost level with me did I a realize it was a MS - too late for a wave or flash of lights. Anybody out there know this car?

Hey, that's mine! I'm flattered by seeing my own car in these images :)
The car is with commercial plates for a number of reasons, one of them is insurance rates, but that's another topic.

Not fair, Stoil! I've had my car 18 months and never appeared here. You've had yours for what, a month?

Guess I need to go places like Newbury St more. No one is interested in cars in Cambridge.

Not fair, Stoil! I've had my car 18 months and never appeared here. You've had yours for what, a month?

Guess I need to go places like Newbury St more. No one is interested in cars in Cambridge.

I was pleasantly surprised, when I came in this morning to check the forum. It was my first visit on Newbury st since I got the car and believe it or not saw another Model S with Livery plates driving right in front on me, I should have taken pictures of it.

@AEdennis

I'm sure things are quite different in Cali, here in Boston you don't see many, so it's still a joy when you see another one.

I was pleasantly surprised, when I came in this morning to check the forum. It was my first visit on Newbury st since I got the car and believe it or not saw another Model S with Livery plates driving right in front on me, I should have taken pictures of it.

@AEdennis

I'm sure things are quite different in Cali, here in Boston you don't see many, so it's still a joy when you see another one.

Yes... and no... I still like EV Spotting... You just won't see any of us in the Random Model S section anymore. The Random Roadster section still is pretty good though.

Hey, that's mine! I'm flattered by seeing my own car in these images :)
The car is with commercial plates for a number of reasons, one of them is insurance rates, but that's another topic.

haha! That's awesome! I suppose you didn't see me taking the pics?

Your car was looking very lovely by the way! It was gone before my SO walked down the street (he was a few blocks behind me), so the photo must have been about 10 minutes before you left.