Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a nicely wrapped P85 in NW Portland today:
Wrapped Model S.jpg

Reactions: EVie'sDad
On SR 14 in Washington today I saw two Model Ss. One was going the other way and the other was on my side of the highway, but it was in the process of being loaded onto a flatbed tow truck. I didn't realize it was a Model S until I was almost past it, so no picture.
How is it possible for someone to disagree with this post?

Driving from Syracuse to Ithaca yesterday I saw this red Model S approaching, flashed my lights, and received the return flash:

Then, about twenty miutes later, I passed this blue Model X, but didn't see it in time to flash my lights.

On the trip back to Syracuse, in the dark, I actually passed what I'm pretty certain were two more Model Ss, within about five minutes, but the video is unimpressive, so I'm not posting it.

Four Teslas in one shortish round trip is definitely a record for me!

I'll be back in that area next week. I'm used to seeing 50 teslas around my area each day but central NY is pretty sparse.
I'm looking forward to showing off my car to non relatives this time. People are genuinely curious still there whereas most people around the North Shore of Chicago don't care anymore.

I'll be back in that area next week. I'm used to seeing 50 teslas around my area each day but central NY is pretty sparse.
I'm looking forward to showing off my car to non relatives this time. People are genuinely curious still there whereas most people around the North Shore of Chicago don't care anymore.

I live in Rockland County, NY (across from Westchester County on the unfashionable side of the Hudson River ;-) and got my car in December of 2012. The increase in Tesla's in the NYC area really took off in 2014, but in upstate Central NY - where we have family and two kids attending college - it has been a rare sighting for a long time. It sounds like you take that trip as well so it was probably you that i saw on the rare sightings! I'll be on Rt. 17 and 81N tonight, and i'll be sure to flash.

I live in Rockland County, NY (across from Westchester County on the unfashionable side of the Hudson River ;-) and got my car in December of 2012. The increase in Tesla's in the NYC area really took off in 2014, but in upstate Central NY - where we have family and two kids attending college - it has been a rare sighting for a long time. It sounds like you take that trip as well so it was probably you that i saw on the rare sightings! I'll be on Rt. 17 and 81N tonight, and i'll be sure to flash.

I'll keep a look out!

I see them a lot more often now, especially in New City, NY

4/14/2017 in the Upper Darby, PA area on my way back to the office from a client site visit near Highway 1 and 3 I made a wrong turn and had to cut back thru a residential area to get back on track. As I was about to turn right at a stop sign I look left and see a nice blue refreshed S down the road coming towards me. I turn right and think to myself "I wonder if they'll 'catch up to' me" as has happened several times. Us Tesla drivers just love to see others like us I'm noticing! I look in my rear view mirror as I stop at the stop sign and he's coming up fast and was just about to pull along side me as I pulled away. Then stopped at a stop light and he pulled up next to me and we exchanged brief pleasantries about our vehicles and ownership and we parted ways. If that was you, say "Hi" on here in a PM.

2017 Midnight Silver Metallic Model S 75D

Does anyone else find it hard not to grin and giggle a little when you see another Tesla? I'm not sure how I will handle myself at a Super Charger...

Oh Superchargers are like being home at a family reunion. Only been to two of them but each time saw maybe 7 or 8 cars at one time. Love to look over the body colors, interiors, model years and any special stuff like unique wraps or wheels. Both times chatted with another vehicle's owners while stretching our legs. Everyone was super nice and was fun to get tips on the car, charging, trip experiences. New to Tesla and never experienced this with any other cars we've owned so enjoying it. No one waves around here although I feel like a thumbs up or wave as it's still exciting for some weird reason.

Don't live or work by the Factory or SvCs but I can typically see anywhere from 1-4 MS a day when out and about. Yesterday saw two black, one white and one blue. Reds for some reason are hard to come by here. I've only seen the titanium brown one while at a SvC or SC. So far no other colors. One day I didn't see any Teslas at all, noted it mentally and kind of felt like something was missing :p.