Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
73a1f279f53b4ba056b322e98026b7b6.jpg

Spotted this Model S while out shopping. Initially I thought it was a Sig Red S however when it drove by it looked almost orange. Unfortunately I was in the wrong lane to get it going by.

Spotted a classic blue P85+ with Florida plate BSI C02 on I-95 Southbound at Sample Road in Deerfield Beach. I saw them coming up and waved out my window. Male drive and female passenger waved ecstatically back.
AQVH4HL.jpg

I drove 800 miles to South Florida and that was my only spotting the whole way down (excluding Superchargers). Saw lots of travelers this weekend, so I'll spare everyone the photographs of those.

Woo woo woo. Hold the presses! That looks like an EV1, but I thought GM forced every one of them to be crushed?!?

I believe there was a single intact one donated to the Smithsonian, and a few others that were mechanically and electrically disabled that still exist in a few research labs.

There's atleast one other functional one sitting in Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard in Northern California. Jay Leno paid him a visit in a Model S recently:

Jay Leno Races Tesla in his 427 Cobra

Coppola apparently hid it when GM came around looking to crush it.

There's atleast one other functional one sitting in Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard in Northern California. Jay Leno paid him a visit in a Model S recently:

Jay Leno Races Tesla in his 427 Cobra

Coppola apparently hid it when GM came around looking to crush it.

I'd be surprised if they didn't charge him with theft. GM only leased those cars and they wanted their property back. GM did donate a number of disabled EV-1s to museums and such. I believe the only one that is still operational is the one in the Smithsonian.

I believe there was a single intact one donated to the Smithsonian, and a few others that were mechanically and electrically disabled that still exist in a few research labs.

The references I've seen suggest that about 40 were donated to various educational institutions and museums, though all except the one given to the Smithsonian were deactivated in some way.

History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian

This one was riding high enough that I imagine it doesn't have a battery pack.

But if you're in Cleveland and want to see it, it's in the Western Reserve Historical Society basement, along with an eclectic collection of other cars (including a DeLorean and three other stainless steel cars).

61dd8b28416e647351c80ad59126b037.jpg

But if you're in Cleveland and want to see it, it's in the Western Reserve Historical Society basement, along with an eclectic collection of other cars (including a DeLorean and three other stainless steel cars).

61dd8b28416e647351c80ad59126b037.jpg

We had a Delorean convention in Cleveland, oh back in 2000 and went to this museum and saw these Stainless cars. Really impressive in person (along with one of three gold plate Deloreans).

I'm pretty sure the Peterson Museum in LA has an EV1 in the basement.

We had a Delorean convention in Cleveland, oh back in 2000 and went to this museum and saw these Stainless cars. Really impressive in person (along with one of three gold plate Deloreans).

I'm pretty sure the Peterson Museum in LA has an EV1 in the basement.

I saw a tweet from someone (don't remember who) on the recent re-opening of the Petersen that shows that EV1 in a more prominent non ICE section of the collection. It used to be in the basement (special admission/extra admission). Chelsea Sexton was seen visiting that car in either Who Killed the Electric Car or Revenge of the Electric Car (I don't remember which one).

There's also another EV1 in LA at the Nethercutt Museum.

The one in the Smithsonian was driven by a co-worker of mine, who recently took delivery of a Model S and is now on the forum here. I won't name names, for privacy, but he might chime in.

IMG_20151228_115707656_HDR.jpg

Although this probably doesn't count as "random", I figured I'd post it here anyway. I've been on travel for most of the last 3 months, but back at my normal work location today. At lunchtime, I noticed another Model S parked next to me in our parking lot. It's the first 70 I've seen on island. Given that there are only about 50 or so Model S on Maui, I think it is pretty cool.