Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trnsl8r, I'm inclined to agree with you, personally.

Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but am I the only one thinking that publishing pictures of cars' VIN numbers is a little bit of an intrusion on the owners' privacy? i mean, for test drive vehicles and beta cars it was fun to keep track of, but for private owners it's a little different I think.

Just my two cents...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi grisnjam,
I'm one of the few people also getting grey (already committed to it, no going back now!)...However, personally, I would recommend against the Lacewood. I saw it, and to me it looks really cheap. I'm getting the Obece wood in matte, which I think compliments the grey leather beautifully. I went with that because the gloss Obeche looked really glossy & shiny, and one of the Tesla reps at the NYC dealership said that people we not going for it because it shows fingerprints really easily...Which rules out the Piano black as well, which is super glossy, and looks even cheaper than the Lacewood. I guess my second choice for a compliment to the grey interior would be the Carbon Fiber, but I also think that looks like it's trying too hard to look like a sports car, and doesn't have the elegance of a sedan. So there's my two cents.

Having said that, there are some decent photos of real life interior finishes in this thread here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/8649-REAL-interior-shots

Do you have any high res photos? I am thinking Grey w/ lacewood and this is the first I have seen of it ....

Don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but am I the only one thinking that publishing pictures of cars' VIN numbers is a little bit of an intrusion on the owners' privacy? i mean, for test drive vehicles and beta cars it was fun to keep track of, but for private owners it's a little different I think.

Just my two cents...

Maybe. The VINs are publicly visible.

As are license plates for that matter, and some people do blank them out. I think that's a futile exercise myself. There are dozens of pictures of my car on the web, and the license plate is showing in pretty much all of them. (Strangely enough not in my avatar... the photo was taken on delivery day when I didn't have my plates yet!)

Attachments

• 282352_158880964249583_277075795_n.jpg
    282352_158880964249583_277075795_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,497
  • 227992_158881107582902_1755527082_n.jpg
    227992_158881107582902_1755527082_n.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,453
Last edited:
Am at Menlo Park and they have a new "production line sample" car for test drives. Blue signature, tan interior (and has the little accessory shelf under the console!). Striking combination! Really liked it and not far off of what my Black/Tan will look like.

VIN is #1214. Seems higher than I expected but haven't been reading all the threads here yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348862700.665429.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348862725.500402.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348862744.220247.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348862762.431248.jpg

Am at Menlo Park and they have a new "production line sample" car for test drives. Blue signature, tan interior (and has the little accessory shelf under the console!). Striking combination! Really liked it and not far off of what my Black/Tan will look like.

That looks identical to the car I drove in Newport Beach, although it didn't have the accessory cubby. I'm really liking that color combination.

It's in a handicapped spot! Was there a permit in the car???

The blue car that was at the Palo Alto Get Amped event in August was #1201, so I think this range of VINs is reserved for demo cars or something. Interesting that they've built another blue. My mom was visiting from out of state this week, and I took her by the showroom yesterday so she could sit in the car. :)

It's in a handicapped spot! Was there a permit in the car???

It's in the massive private parking lot that Tesla Menlo Park owns so, I don't think there's a chance that it'll get ticketed/towed. ;)

Off topic here, but, MikeK, noticed in your signature that you are R 129 but are going for the 60 kWh pack:

MikeK.png

You may just be the earliest 60 kWh delivery that Tesla may have to make if they produce all R cars before P; or, I wonder if you'll get sucked into the clutches of and batched with lowly Ps while some 85 kWh Ps may leapfrog over you?!