Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the same black Model S twice today. The first sighting was on my way to work at the four-way stop sign at the intersection of Mays Chapel Road and Jennifer Road. I was headed north east on Mays Chapel, the Model S south east on Jennifer.

The second sighting was on my way home, again on Mays Chapel. It was about 5 cars ahead of me on Falls Road. It turned right on Seminary and in a flash kept ahead about 200 yards, then turned left up Mays Chapel. I pursued but with a number of slower cars between us it was futile. It then turned right on Timonium Road. I was tempted to follow but thought that might be annoying to the driver. But it appears I now have one in my neighborhood.

What are the odds that I'd see the same care twice in the same day? Very long.

Several lucky people in Oregon are getting their Teslas!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359746709.182940.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359746726.498640.jpg

Kudos to the MD driver of a black Model S parked on the street in DC last night (too dark for pics) presumably in the Foggy Bottom area for the fun. concert at Constitution Hall. I had the temerity to park my 4 hour new S in a garage to attend the show.

Admittedly Silicon Valley sightings are kind of "cheating" but WTH... Here I spotted a friendly fellow on my way to work on I-280 northbound. Friendly wave when passing. Greetings, whoever you are...

(Should we have a separate thread for "Model S sightings from Model S"?)

Skärmavbild 2013-02-01 kl. 16.12.07.png

So the same friend who texted me from Reno yesterday texted me again this morning. She said she had to make up for not taking a picture of the one Tesla by sending me a picture of several Teslas. All the cars were white and silver, but two of the cars were covered. She asked if one of them might be mine, but I told her I hoped not since I'm supposed to be taking delivery on Tuesday morning. It's a long way from Reno to Chicago!!

IMG_1515.JPG

So the same friend who texted me from Reno yesterday texted me again this morning. She said she had to make up for not taking a picture of the one Tesla by sending me a picture of several Teslas. All the cars were white and silver, but two of the cars were covered. She asked if one of them might be mine, but I told her I hoped not since I'm supposed to be taking delivery on Tuesday morning. It's a long way from Reno to Chicago!!

View attachment 15625

Every time I see a white car with a spoiler being delivered, my car cries a little tear. Some day.. I'm sure my spoiler will be delivered to me… some day.

If you really want to see some random Model S sightings, get the Instagram App and search the hashtag: #Tesla ... There are quite a few photos of Model S (and Roadsters) that people have uploaded, and I definitely recognize some of the license plates from photos posted on here. FYI: if you search hashtag: #ModelS you will not find many photos of the Tesla Model S, but you will find tons for photos of male and female models. So, ya know, use your best judgement on that ;)

- - - Updated - - -

One of the photos you would see is this one that I posted yesterday:

TeslaPlug.jpg

Along with the caption: One month into 2013, and I've kept my only New Year's Resolution: Never go to a gas station ever again :)

Spotted one of the Founders' cars on 280 as it ends and dumps onto King St./Embarcadero on my commute into San Francisco yesterday morning. I'm pretty sure it was a Founders car because it had the same plates as the first 10 Founders' cars: 6USX025. So I'm guessing it's Founders #25?

Spotted one of the Founders' cars on 280 as it ends and dumps onto King St./Embarcadero on my commute into San Francisco yesterday morning. I'm pretty sure it was a Founders car because it had the same plates as the first 10 Founders' cars: 6USX025. So I'm guessing it's Founders #25?

Not all of the founders' cars went to California, and I believe I've seen a plate like that on a demonstrator. Ours is Sig 29, and the plate is 066, so you're probably right that it's a founder, but I wouldn't bet on its VIN being #25.

Last edited:
If you really want to see some random Model S sightings, get the Instagram App and search the hashtag: #Tesla ... There are quite a few photos of Model S (and Roadsters) that people have uploaded, and I definitely recognize some of the license plates from photos posted on here. FYI: if you search hashtag: #ModelS you will not find many photos of the Tesla Model S, but you will find tons for photos of male and female models. So, ya know, use your best judgement on that ;)

- - - Updated - - -

One of the photos you would see is this one that I posted yesterday:

View attachment 15645

Along with the caption: One month into 2013, and I've kept my only New Year's Resolution: Never go to a gas station ever again :)

Hehe, found a few of my car from a local Cars and Coffee meet this morning...

2b91217c6d4a11e2877022000a9f1278_6[1].jpg

22255bf26d7d11e2b5c422000a1f9a53_6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: