Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted this blue beauty in the parking lot at my office in Fargo, ND yesterday. (Blue DOES look black...)
Not really a "random" sighting, but it's just fun to post photos of Teslas that aren't in a showroom.
Bleeds On stopped by to show off his new ride. :love:
I think he may have sold one to my boss.

models1.jpg

Funny! I drive from SJ to San Antonio rd in PA. I love the black car....and the light greay, and the dark grey, and the white.....

Do you have the commute stickers? Someone told me I defaced my car putting them on....
I do have a single commute sticker, but have it applied in a way that ensures no damage. (paint armor scrap cut to fit). Commuting in car pool lane is worth it.

Yesterday, I ran an errand on the way home. I saw a Signature Red car and spoke with the driver at a light. Then I passed a black Model S and a dark blue Roadster at almost the same time.

No photos of those, but perhaps today makes up for it. This was fun. Parked, ran into the grocery store, and upon my return, my car had attracted a friend!

IMG_4324.jpg

Some car accident compilation video a friend sent me because a Model S glances by during it (not involved in an accident at any point).

I like that they are common place enough now to just show up all over :)

[[[scroll up for the video in the original post]]]

e2a: seen just after 1:40.

LOL. I like how the clip with the Model S was "not like the others" as Sesame Street would say.

Decided to go to the Stone Brewery Gardens in Escondido (Northern San Diego) for dinner, where they have two free GE charging stations. Pull up to find a silver performance, VIN 2974.

The owner must have been enjoying the food and beer, they were still there when we left, and the EVSE was showing about 3 hours of charging... Unfortunately the plug I was left with wouldn't charge my P85 :-(

IMAG1153_900.jpg

Saw my first "in the wild" on Saturday morning just south of Portland on I5. Saw a silver one with 21" chrome rims in my rear view mirror (driver was female and passenger was male). We waved at each other and off they went.

My first Model S in a natural setting spotted yesterday at Ala Moana Mall parking lot. That's my Leaf behind it. Though the S might look blue it is in fact a black, extremely elegant, spotlessly clean. The lady driving it gave me permission to take pictures, said she had it since November and loved it. Truly beautiful car.
Feb 16, 2013 Ala Moana Mall.JPG

My work parking lot today...

Mine is the dirty blue 85kWh 19" wheels
JP's is the clean black 60kWh 21" wheels

Man those 21" wheels are SICK looking!
JP got his car 2+ weeks ago but usually drives his winter "beater".

View attachment 16552
View attachment 16553

I'm tired...

Saw your license plate placement and was about to ask if it interferes with temperature control... until I noticed a tiny bit of snow in the picture... :redface:

Here's a few from our recent trip to Santa Rosa.

View attachment 16827

View attachment 16828

I really don't understand why Tesla is shipping these cars without protecting them with at least a cover over the front bumper and windshield. The car that is in front above the CAB is likely to have lots of chip marks. I hope they're not shipping cars cross country this way. Sadly, I think they are.

Stones do not fly that high on the highway...

Bugs? Yes, but I have not known a bug splatter to be permanent.

They come off fairly clean in all honesty...

Would an enclosed truck be nice? Sure, but that comes in time...

I like how the sunroof is open in the freezing winter. I'm sure that's great for keeping the interior warm without blasting heat (and wasting energy) to keep yourself from frostbite. :p

I have been known to crack the sunroof open in very cold weather, to prevent the inside of the windows from frosting over. Humid warm air against cold windows is a bad combination. I usually do this in the garage though.

Just saw my first Austin Texas area in-the-wild Model S... a beautiful white one going the opposite direction on Southwest Parkway. Turned out it was someone on the Austin-SanAntonio boards who saw my Silver 60 for the first time in-the-wild as well.

Sorry no picture, but it was nice to see another S (other than obvious Cars-N-Coffee or other get togethers).

I really don't understand why Tesla is shipping these cars without protecting them with at least a cover over the front bumper and windshield. The car that is in front above the CAB is likely to have lots of chip marks. I hope they're not shipping cars cross country this way. Sadly, I think they are.
Yeah, someone on another thread took delivery in Rockville and needed to have his windshield replaced and front hood repainted. Compliments of Tesla -- but that sucks to have to deal w/ that on a new car!!