Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a weird one: a Founder's car in my neighborhood...with no tags/plates yet. My first thought was, "Did a Founder skip out on his car last year and now finally decided he/she wanted one, so they went ahead and built it for him in Sig Red?"

founder1.JPG

But then I looked at the VIN, and this car clearly wasn't built recently:

founder2.JPG

So I'm not sure what the deal is here. Has this car just been sitting in Fremont all this time? Key component of the story: I'm 99% sure a Tesla engineer was driving this car, because several months ago a Beta car was parked in front of the same house.

Interesting!

5YJSB1A25C1B00044

5YJ Tesla
S Model S
B (Only seen on Beta vehicles thus far; A for Founder/Sig/GP)
1 Manual Type 2 USA Seat Belts, Dual Front Airbags, Front/Rear Side Airbags, Knee Airbags
A 10kW Charger, no SuperCharger support
2 (Only seen on Beta vehicles thus far; usually this is C,G,N,P for 40,60,80,80P)
5 (Check digit)
C 2012
1 (Only seen on Beta vehicles thus far; F for Founder/Sig/GP)
B Beta Prototype
00044 Production sequence number

Decoding Tesla Model S VINs

Also note, as indicated in that thread, we've seen this beta before.

Lousy parking lot with grass in the asphalt cracks....Couldn't they find a slightly nicer venue? Not looking for a 'showroom' (god forbid......then would look like a dealership)...but maybe a little nicer!?!

6E829263-E234-485C-81E6-FDE45904ABF9-37183-00001EB1D045ED8A_zps6fa3d9ec.jpg

at in-n-out in oxnard, saw 2 of them, one with 21 greys, another with 19 silver, both black, complete head turner, everybody eating outside turned their attention to it when it pulled up, those DRL's are too nice, if you can see the guy in the bmw is checking it out in his side view mirror :cool:

They held it at a *gas* station???

No, it's next door to the gas station, at an exotic car deal (which is almost as ironic ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Lousy parking lot with grass in the asphalt cracks....Couldn't they find a slightly nicer venue? Not looking for a 'showroom' (god forbid......then would look like a dealership)...but maybe a little nicer!?!

It is definitely a disheveled-looking location, not at all representative of the Hamptons. However, it is very visibly located right on Montauk Highway, so what it may lack in aesthetics, in gains in visibility. I stopped by to say Hi on Firday, and then bumped into the guys running it at a restaurant in Bridgehampton last night, and they said they have been very busy, even in the rain. And it's cold but sunny today, so I'm guessing that they will VERY busy today :)