Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One post went to snippiness

He's totally right though. Roads are atrocious all around NJ. I "downgraded" the free P85 21s to 19s when I ordered because of this. It was a little hard to click a button to "give up" a free $3500 option, but it just had to be done...no choice around these parts unless I want blowouts every month. And for non-P85 owners (and new-P85 owners), it's just very hard to justify spending $3500 knowing that you'll probably spend another $1000/month for new tires. Well, that may be an exaggeration but probably not by much. Someone on these forums just said they blew out both their driver side 21s simultaneously on a pothole (dunno what state that was). Another recent post was someone who cracked 2 rims already in one month. So that's probably not much of an exaggeration for 21 low profiles around these parts.

Well $1000/month for new tires is probably what I'd be paying if I had 21s because I drive so hard on vehicles. Pot hole at 80mph? awesome. lol. Thanks NJ for not even maintaining highways in addition to local roads. On a related note, I actually barely missed a HUGE truck tire tread on NJT today at 85mph. Close call. I guess I shouldn't tailgate at those speeds either, haha.

Last edited:
just saw a black model s with 19's drive down tierra rejada road. stopped at the light by the park. light turned green, car in the other lane continued its speed of around 45+ and in literally 3 seconds the model s was going faster than the car from a standstill! had my phone in my pocket, pulled it out quickly and dropped it in the grass and missed the moment lol but it was awesome :love:

In the past two days I went from having seen one other Model S out on the road to three! I saw a dark (green?) one going over Ferry Street Bridge in Eugene around 6 and then a white one going North on I-5 this evening just south of Wilsonville.

I expect I'll see a few more tomorrow at the Portland get-together!

I gotta say, it's really quite exciting that I'm starting to see them around.

In the past two days I went from having seen one other Model S out on the road to three! I saw a dark (green?) one going over Ferry Street Bridge in Eugene around 6 and then a white one going North on I-5 this evening just south of Wilsonville.

I expect I'll see a few more tomorrow at the Portland get-together!

I gotta say, it's really quite exciting that I'm starting to see them around.

Yay for another sighting in Eugene! I have some friends down there, who I know would buy one in a heartbeat.

I saw three today around Lake Oswego.
Rumor has it the PDX metro area is on its way to having 300 on the roads. 5 were being prepped for delivery when I picked mine up two days ago.

My wife and I saw a Brown 85 with tints at IKEA yesterday. Here's a look

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370801807073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370801807073.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,233
I saw someone with a blue Model S on rt 140 in Owings Mills MD, they turned into Home Depot behind us. I have also passed a white and a green model S on Walnut Rd. and Greenspring in Owings Mills. If Tesla stock keeps skyrocketing I'll be joining the club. If the stock tanks, so too do my dreams of owning a Model S.

Hey Denarius I believe that is Brian W's car that is here on the forum.

Also had my Brother send pictures of a Multi Coat Red in Salt Lake from a car show a few weeks ago. Really sad that I missed it. He is not a car person at all, and always gets bored at Family functions when I talk cars. He was very very impressed with the Model S.

Attachments

• IMG_6278.jpeg
    IMG_6278.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 818
  • IMG_0326.jpeg
    IMG_0326.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 814