Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is Tesla stalking me?!

yzu7y2em.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this white P85+ with parking sensors in wayzata mn. Sightings are becoming more frequent!
View attachment 29772
View attachment 29773
interesting, I actually grew up there. Wonder if any of my family has seen it yet. The mfg means it is manufacturer owned evidently (i guess that makes sense with the Cali plates). Found this out when I ran into a mfg plated one at the lowes here in vacaville Monday night, within 24 hours of saying i rarely see them around this part of the bay area. The guy said work was letting him borrow it for the weekend... Sweet perk. Of course I was in my focus since the wife had the ms for the night.

nspollution, I would really doubt there are any more range anxiety issues in the north or northeast bay areas.... Nothing is that far away, and there are a lot of public charging options from what I've seen. Definitely no more range anxiety than I'd have in minneapolis... And it seems the car is really starting to pick up in popularity there!

Last edited:
Working out of the North Bay and having to do any travel during the course of the day will drain a gas engine, so it definitely won't be too kind to a Model S 60. Most any travel you have to do involves going into one of the cities or the valley.

A very different radius than Minneapolis.

Saw two on the way to work yesterday, just a few minutes apart. Only got a photo of the first, a silver (haven't see many - looked very elegant) which was behind me for a block or so near Brattle Street in Cambridge, MA.

u8u3unys.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a double decker transport truck jammed with 10 new Model S on board. On I5 coming through Portland, with a good mix of colors on board. No doubt headed for Seattle. :)

Edit: anyone in Seattle area expecting a Brown this weekend, or early next week?

Last edited:
Had a great time at the MN Cars and Coffee show this morning with Zythryn and Vexar. We had tons of Tesla time with curious people! Here are a few "random" pics from the event:

Multi Red Model S with a matte black nose cone. Looks like a very good alternative to the plastic looking stock nose cone.
IMAG0048.jpg

Another Multi Red S85 with silver 21's. See the difference the matte wraped nose cone makes to the whole look of the car?
IMAG0017.jpg

Orange Lamborghini Aventador:
IMAG0013.jpg

...And a Matte black one:
IMAG0043.jpg

Aston Martin V12 Vantage:
IMAG0024.jpg

Ferrari F430. A P85 has the same 0-60 and quarter mile time as this $200,000 supercar!
IMAG0010.jpg

GTR. 0-60 in 2.8!
IMAG0037.jpg

And an R8...
IMAG0032.jpg

Went out for an evening walk this evening. As I turned the corner near my house I saw a SmartCar headed my way. I'm thinking this car could not possibly protect it's occupants. Tough way to save on gas. The next car that came down the avenue was a new Silver Model S without plates. I could not help but turn around. This is such an awesome looking car! The Anti SmartCar.

The other day in Beverly Hills there were 3 Model S's stopped at the same intersection...Sunset, Crescent, and Beverly Drive, corner of the Beverly Hills Hotel. We were all facing each other, first at the light. I tried to wave at the other 2 drivers but they weren't paying attention. That's pretty common here. The BH drivers are pretty unimpressed by their own and others' cars. Actually, pretty unimpressed by anyone but themselves. :cool:

Last edited:
CA5A91B8-870F-402F-989C-00A25335A5FB-51319-000031F0C20C8504_zps8f5dc1de.jpg

parked next to this one around noon at In-N-Out

tried to talk to him but he didnt look interested, didnt even look at my ED lol tough day i guess

Went out for an evening walk this evening. As I turned the corner near my house I saw a SmartCar headed my way. I'm thinking this car could not possibly protect it's occupants. Tough way to save on gas. The next car that came down the avenue was a new Silver Model S without plates. I could not help but turn around. This is such an awesome looking car! The Anti SmartCar.

Why would you think that? It's designed by the finest Mercedes-Benz engineers in the word it is very safe. Always disappointed in seeing peoples "knowledge" on smarts.

Went out for an evening walk this evening. As I turned the corner near my house I saw a SmartCar headed my way. I'm thinking this car could not possibly protect it's occupants. Tough way to save on gas.

Actually, Smart cars aren't very fuel efficient for their size. I can beat the MPG in a Smart with a Prius any day. The only thing a Smart car is good for is small parking spaces.

I think the SmartCar is likely safe the same way a motorcycle racer is safe when wearing body armor.

As long as when you crash and are sliding along the road at 100 MPH, you are fine if you don't hit something that breaks through your safety bubble (which for the MC rider is pretty much any decent sized mass.) I'm thinking the SmartCar is more durable than an MC racer lowsiding his bike, but not even remotely in the same category as the MS when it comes to high speed collision with an immovable object.

The smartcar is actually really safe for its size because it has a very rigid cage structure for its occupants. I'm sure it's no Tesla Model S though :biggrin:

Actually that's what makes it even more dangerous, since the body of the car isn't absorbing the impact, your own body will. Why do you think the Model S has proved to be so safe? Because of the large crumple zones that lengthen the impact deceleration time, thus reducing the force. Where are the crumple zones on a smart car? Exactly.

Silver MS on Louetta Road near Vintage Park north of Houston around 6:20pm today... Was heading to eat at the amazing Peli Peli S. African restaurant with some coworkers (incidentally in a 11MPG Ford F150 ICE rental) and saw the distinctive LED DRL, and a silver Tesla beauty heading the other way...

I wonder if it lives in one of the Vintage Park developments?