Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
random tesla photo.JPG

Parked in Burr Ridge, IL, parking lot. Had the red Tesla sticker on both sides. Interestingly, VIN 053xx, much lower than my 08945, but higher EL plates (790 vs my 739): inventory car?

Last night coming home from a business dinner I came up behind a white MS. Arranged to stop side by side at a light so we could chat for a moment. There were two very nice gentlemen, the driver said he'd had it for 3 weeks. I didn't have time to take a pic.

At that business dinner, one of my coworkers came straight from the Audi dealership after buying a new Q5. After dinner, everyone swarmed my car, asking me all about it, oooing and awwing...I felt bad since she had parked right next to me in her hours old new Audi and no one was looking at it.

The funniest random sighting was... mine! We went to dinner in Gulfport last weekend, then moved the car to a free charging station near a new bar. Plugged in and went to the rooftop bar for a drink. We ran into a coworker of my BF's, who laughingly showed us the pics on her iphone of us driving to dinner hours earlier! She was a fan of the car and had been behind us on the way in. She had no idea we even had a Tesla.

Last edited:
A couple blocks away from my home there's a house that often has a Leaf and an old RAV4 EV parked out front. Today I caught a glimpse of what's in that home's garage -- a beautiful Tesla Roadster AND a gorgeous Sig Red Model S. A had a nice chat with the owner. In the past they've also had a Ford Ranger EV, an EV1, and they recently sold their CNG car. Very cool.

I was complaining about the fact that as soon as I got my Tesla, all my Tesla sightings on the road suddenly stopped. That all changed last week. Had fun waving and flashing on the Mass Pike with a black S (plate TERRA if you're reading this!). Then to our surprise we passed a grey one in the middle lane, 3 Teslas in one spot here is highly unusual! But despite us both waving like lunatics, she ignored us :-( Never mind.

We switched up a bit later so I got to be in front, LOVED getting to see a Tesla in my rear view mirror, it looks awesome!

Tslagrl, I take it that you are loving the Green?! :)

Absolutely! Its very classy, and I love how it changes color in certain lights, almost like getting 3 or 4 colors in one. I drove a MC red the other week when mine was having a few fixes done, and while I had fun for the day I was very glad to get back into my nice calming green/grey color scheme :) I like seeing the red car, its just not "me". IIRC you brought green up when I was having trouble choosing color.....so thank-you!

I had a grand slam of Model S' on friday in New Jersey.
1. black s with new york plates heading south on the NJTP near exit 11.
2. white s at sawbucks right before RT9
3. heading north bound on RT18 (near East Brunswick)- a white one with a white nose cone and custom rims. I was heading the other way.
4. a grey s driving next to me north bound on the 9 all the way through East Brunswick on the 18. tried to wave and give him the 9 but he didn't even turn his head.

I was just watching HULU and the Subway commercial features a S with custom rims in the beginning and end, parked next to the restaurant.

Charleston, South Carolina.
View attachment 33515

"Stark Industries" - now that is clever!

I saw a Blue P85+ at the Hyatt at the Bellevue last night in Philadelphia with PA plates. I was driving by so I didn't get a chance to pull out my camera. Wondered all night if it was another guest at the wedding I attended and I kept looking for someone warming up their MS on an iPhone app ;-)

There were two of us Green Model S's at the Centralia WA SC yesterday afternoon, with my vehicle 3 weeks old and the other nearly a year old.

My succession of previous car colors has been gray, red, blue, champage, black, silver, etc - so Green was the next obvious choice. Love it!