Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
II shouldn't even bother with this terrible picture, but it WAS dark and foggy out this morning. I got very excited when the Tesla that passed me had Alaska plates! This was on Roosevelt at about 6:45am this morning.

image.jpg

Thanks.

I think I had seen that car, but somehow dismissed it as being too short. Guess not!

Thanks for biting! :biggrin:
The lens is slightly wide, which is why the MS looks a bit short.
My sightings have a tendency to be a game of I-Spy. That's how I developed a strong Tesla sense, knowing that the window of opportunity is so short because they're always on the other side. It's a blessing and a curse, mostly a curse.

So after seeing my first Tesla in the wild several months ago, I saw two in two days.

The first came up behind me (very distinctive lights let me know) as I was traveling home from work. It was a beautiful red. I saw it next to Como Lake in St. Paul, MN and it followed me until I turned west - it continued to head north.
Then I saw one again the next day in Roseville - this one was brown.

I keep watching - nothing for the longest time and then two days in a row.

There's a couple now in the office park complex where I work in the Bothell area (suburbs of Seattle). A black one that I often see parked already at his building, or occasionally we'll be driving through the complex at the same time. There's also one (or more) gray which I only ever see in motion and don't see where they're pulling in/out of so I'm not 100% sure it's the same one I periodically spot. Haven't been behind either of them to see their badges to confirm if either is Performance or Dual. But it's nice to be in good company within a few square blocks :smile:

Since I got my car back from having the stealth wrap applied and we've had a few sunny days I've noticed camera phones popping up from drivers behind me several times.
I know its long odds, but I always think "maybe I'll end up in the random sightings thread!" :biggrin: