Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be cool to have the suspension auto-adjust in relationship to the charge level when plugged in. That way you could have a visual indicator of how charged it is. :biggrin: Looking at the Titanium one below, I would say it's almost fully charged. ;-) I'm just looking for stupid and useless third-party applications to write.

Saw a Titanium Metallic X P90D at the Burbank Supercharger today. Was puzzled by the fact that the air suspension appeared to be set to the maximum height.
b737dbf3ef1d2b645cc0aca0cba1fffe.jpg

We saw that titanium X last Tuesday PM inside the SvC!

Or its twin.

Useless post, of course, but other than Roamer's that's the first almost-wild Model X we've seen. Then on Friday came across a Sig red X near the I-210/I-605 interchange around Asuza.

Doubly-useless post?

It would be cool to have the suspension auto-adjust in relationship to the charge level when plugged in. That way you could have a visual indicator of how charged it is. :biggrin: Looking at the Titanium one below, I would say it's almost fully charged. ;-) I'm just looking for stupid and useless third-party applications to write.
Well in that case how about doing something with the LED lights around the headlamps. Maybe a blink rate from very fast to steady when fully charged?

Saw a Titanium Metallic X P90D at the Burbank Supercharger today. Was puzzled by the fact that the air suspension appeared to be set to the maximum height.
b737dbf3ef1d2b645cc0aca0cba1fffe.jpg

I sure hope they redo the front of the car/grill in the near future. I love everything about the car except the front. It is downright hideous to me. Looks like a catfish. Or maybe an aftermarket bumper cover/grill become available.

I sure hope they redo the front of the car/grill in the near future. I love everything about the car except the front. It is downright hideous to me. Looks like a catfish. Or maybe an aftermarket bumper cover/grill become available.

This is what I would consider hideous.

image.jpeg

This is is sleek.

image.jpeg

Maybe it is just personal preference. The current design trend to create ever more aggressive and outlandish front grills has morphed into cartoonish. I much prefer a clean sleek look rather than an angry kitchen appliance look.

Last edited:
The thing I still find a little odd about the X front fascia is how the leading edge of the hood is curved yet the bottom of the emblem gap is mostly straight. Owning a Model S, it makes me feel like they just got rid of the nose cone but left the hood the same shape, which feels unfinished to me. I can certainly appreciate a grill-less front end like some sports cars off the 90s (MR2 or RX7), so I wish they had smoothed that transition from the leading edge of the hood to front fascia a bit more.

So that's why even the staff on the afternoon shift had no idea about those whit Xs. Hope you get your X soon and I'll be keeping an eye out on your Sig Red in SB :biggrin:

There were quite a few people in the SB store that afternoon when I arrived, with the other luxury car store neighbors quite empty I might add.

Gene, yes, the Santa Barbara transports often stop there to unload, then continue on to Van Nuys and other Los Angeles locations. Since we will be taking delivery of our Sig Red X in Santa Barbara, I was hoping to see red on that transport, but sadly not. It appears that our Sig X VIN #484 is still stuck in purgatory up at the factory in Fremont, classified as in "rectification", so pushed to the back of the production line.

Thanks to Fallenone for the great Santa Barbara sighting. We don't see a lot of postings from S.B.

Ron

I think part of the reason Tesla decided to go "grill-less" is to make the grill look obsolete. I've personally started noticing that grills on SUVs are already beginning to look archaic to me reminding me of the archaic technology behind it.

I think Tesla is making a statement and soon the grill will be associated with the past.