Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier this week, I saw a white Model X charging at the Ann Arbor, MI supercharger. It was a Founder's edition with a VIN below 100. It had MI (not CA) manufacturer plates. I wonder if a Detroit 3 manufacturer managed to somehow pull off a straw purchase from someone in the referral program:
View attachment 113638

Ford Motor Company owns this Model X. Last Saturday, I ran into the driver at a local car gathering in Royal Oak, Michigan. The driver is a Senior employee at Ford. He said Ford owns it, and he is driving it. He (and his family) love the Model X, and he had no problems with any of the new features (Falcon Wing Doors, self actuating doors, etc.). He was very complimentary of Tesla in general. I was surprised to find out that Ford had a Founders car (VIN 64). Perhaps Ford bought it from a Founder or Elon and Mark have a closer relationship than the general public is aware.

I am comfortable sharing the photo and the interaction because this was a very public get together (a "cars and coffee" type event) were many auto enthusiasts photograph and discuss their cars. Anyone interested, should stop by: Saturday Mornings between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM at the corner of Woodward Avenue and 14 Mile - Royal Oak, Michigan.

Attachments

• IMG_3160.jpg
    IMG_3160.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: physicsfita
Saw a blue P90D at Earth Day event in Santa Barbara on display but with "private vehicle, don't touch" notices. TM was not on the exhibitor list for the event so I guess it's an owner's own vehicle. Drew a lot more attention than all other "alternative energy cars" on at the event.

Reactions: King H
Ford Motor Company owns this Model X. Last Saturday, I ran into the driver at a local car gathering in Royal Oak, Michigan. The driver is a Senior employee at Ford. He said Ford owns it, and he is driving it. He (and his family) love the Model X, and he had no problems with any of the new features (Falcon Wing Doors, self actuating doors, etc.). He was very complimentary of Tesla in general. I was surprised to find out that Ford had a Founders car (VIN 64). Perhaps Ford bought it from a Founder or Elon and Mark have a closer relationship than the general public is aware.

I am comfortable sharing the photo and the interaction because this was a very public get together (a "cars and coffee" type event) were many auto enthusiasts photograph and discuss their cars. Anyone interested, should stop by: Saturday Mornings between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM at the corner of Woodward Avenue and 14 Mile - Royal Oak, Michigan.
Yep, that was the VIN! Thanks for the update!

• Funny
Reactions: MrBoylan
So I just saw (or noticed) my first Model X a few weeks ago (and posted the pic here) and now I am seeing them at least several times a week...even saw one today I didn't take a pic of.
The first row are all the same one and bottom 3 are just a few the ones I've seen around LA, Santa Monica and Westwood
several.jpg

So this may seem that I'm late to the party, but this is actually the *first* Model X I've spotted "in the wild" in New York City (i.e., not at the "Meet Model X" events in Manhattan and Syosset).

It was a lovely Titanium Metallic P90D with 22" Onyx Wheels parked across the street from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. It was just sitting there minding its own business all day with narry an interested party to snap a pic. I think it was lonely. I hope I cheered it up a bit by giving it some attention. :)

Also, in this setting, it became clear to me that the Model X would make an excellent NYC Yellow Cab. Seating for 6 or 7 people plus plenty of luggage space and zero tailpipe emissions. How cool would that be?

(BTW, K-MTG, there was no visible sunshade, sorry)

20160426_142131-front-side-model-x.jpg
20160426_142157-side-rear-model-x.jpg