Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With TEG's encyclopedic knowledge of cars? The answer is who would do that to one of these?

gallery-msg-12305145403.jpg

These guys had card in the windshield.

Last edited:
Yoi~~~!! Signature 100 #99 spotted at the lookout point right above The Rock Store on Mulholland Highway -- Cornell, CA (near LA).

3146472436_95cd92ff81_b.jpg

It might just be how it photographs, but I am not liking that color in the sunlight.

Edit: Turns out it is just the photograph. The digital camera that took this photo has poor color representation.

Last edited:
Is that Racing Green or a custom color?
It's a custom color. You can see the Racing Green here.

Here's a video screen cap from the poster of the above image. Reportedly it has a color representation that's closer to reality.

3147948369_eca9f5009a_o.png
"Video cap of the Tesla up on Muholland. This pix shows the car's true color. Sorta. Better than my Casio anyway."

Last edited:
Matte black is clearly the colour of choice for rappers this year...

In case anyone misses the irony - Flat black or 'Matte' black is frequently used as a primer color as a first coat of paint before you add the real color. Typically a flat black car was a sign of someone who did home repair, and was too lazy/cheap/broke to move on to getting a real paint job. The flat black look on the Rolls is a bit of any oxymoron.

In case anyone misses the irony - Flat black or 'Matte' black is frequently used as a primer color as a first coat of paint before you add the real color. Typically a flat black car was a sign of someone who did home repair, and was too lazy/cheap/broke to move on to getting a real paint job. The flat black look on the Rolls is a bit of an oxymoron.

( Uh oh, quoting myself! )

Well, to be fair, I should admit that I had a flat black car for a while.
It was somewhere between "ran out of money" and "hey it looks kindof cool like that". I think I got about equal parts compliments (usually from kids) as I got quizzical/disapproving stares.

I think there were probably some who did the primer paint job intending to paint something glossy on top, but then decided to leave it that way when they liked the way the primer looked.

(A moderator may want to move all this flat/matte black paintjob talk to a different topic!)

Last edited: