Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need one that says "Electric Drive".

OK, not random. I stopped here to take this shot:

ElectricAve.jpg

Hi all,

I'm a newbie who has been interested in and rooting for Tesla for a while. As a DeLorean owner, Tesla reminds me a lot of DMC (both have strong ties to Lotus, both sought to build a better/different car than the rest of the industry, etc.), but I'm certainly hoping Tesla's story ends a bit better.

Anyway, after setting up an event for our local DeLorean club with Mike Falcone and Dan Myggen from the Menlo Park store (they gave us an amazing tour -- even back into the final assembly building where they don't normally take people) and then getting to take a Roadster for a 120mph test drive (wheee!), I'm now enamored with the car.

Funnily enough, I started seeing them a whole lot more after that event. Three in three days, in fact. One on the road (southbound 101 near Millbrae), then VP13 with a ripped-open dashboard parked outside of Spiedo Restaurant in downtown San Mateo (was with my visiting-from-out-of-town-mom, so I was too busy showing her the car to take pics...I wonder if they were upgrading its interior to 2010?), and then the next afternoon, also in downtown San Mateo, I saw #176 in glacier blue with its hardtop on:

Roadster.jpg

You guys have a wonderful board and great community here. It's been fun to read up on!

P.S. Sorry for the long post, but one more thing: if anyone would like to see pics of our DeLorean club tour of Tesla, click here. I'm this guy.

"The Tesla is Here."

I was in San Francisco this past weekend for a visit. As I was checking out of my hotel, I overheard another guest say "The Tesla is here." Sure enough, out at the curb, a green Roadster with manufacturing plates was sitting, and the driver giving rides to a line of visitors. As it happens, they were all in town for a wedding, and it seems the bride's sister works for Tesla Motors. You could see the eager anticipation among them all.

After I left the hotel, I happened to catch this shot of the car. I was close enough to hear the passenger repeating how "amazing" the car was.

Amazing indeed.

And one of these days, I'm hoping for a ride myself!

Attachments

• _MG_7765.JPG
    _MG_7765.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 185
A couple of random sightings on the 101 in SoCal

This one was taken by the wife about a month ago on the SB101 just north of Ventura
4112727796_2b3e203f12_b.jpg

This one was taken by me a couple of weeks ago on the NB101 in Calabasas
4111960657_d9e06e83de_o.jpg

~sorry about the spotted window, sprinkler got it that morning. :frown:

I don't know if it's just me, but I get all excited when I see them in the wild. :smile:

I live in Carpinteria, so I make that drive often. Nice to know I'm being stalked by the Teslarazzi! ;)

We live in Ventura and my wife commutes to Santa Barbara so if you ever see a cute blonde following you, no worries, she's just part of the "Teslarazzi". :wink: We are both big car fans so whenever we see exotics in our travels we take a picture to show the other, fun little game we play.

My in-laws live in Carpinteria and we are up there alot so if you ever need a navigator or just someone to give it a bath, let me know! :rolleyes:

Last edited: