Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They skipped some VINs between 2008 & 2010 model year (1.5 to 2.0 switchover), so, yeah, the sequence isn't exact.
Then they started to build Roadsters for Europe/Asia/etc with a different VIN sequence in parallel to the North American production.
So "the Nth Roadster made" can be squishy to PIN down.
Roadsters have a sticker with the month/year it was manufactured, so that is one place to check in the grand scheme of things.

The "what came first, VP26 or NA Sig#5 ?" question highlights how this can be tough to know without actually seeing both cars in person.

Yesterday - North Houston Service Center. 744 bumped into 348. It had been here since last year waiting for a battery pack. Looks like it's going home at last.
IMG_9606.jpg

Tonight - Having drinks with 241 after checking out the new Gigafactory site in Austin.
IMG_9693.jpg

Are you sure that was #348 ?

Hey what's the deal with #744 seats ?! Are those slip covers on top of the gray microfibre?

Also, did you buy #744 from someone in the Seattle area?

Oops, can't edit post. That was 358, good catch.

I did buy 744! It arrived in Houston just 2 days ago. I've had 113 apart for some work and had its seats reupholstered for 744. Still have the original microfiber.
IMG_9595.jpg
IMG_9659.jpg

Only thing missing is an Electric Blue one
You are so right!
There was one but unfortunately the driver and his son had to leave the trip early.

We plan to do another one in the spring. Potentially with twice the number of cars. Germany and Belgium might also join.

Hoping for a yellow one and the other color red to join as well.

What other colors are missing?

Full list:
Jet Black
Obsidian Black
Arctic White
Sterling Silver
Thunder Gray
Brilliant Yellow
Glacier Blue
Electric Blue
Twilight Blue
Fusion Red
Radiant Red
Racing Green
Very Orange

Later model special colors:
Lightning Green
Insane Green
Galactic Gray
Burnt Orange?

2008 special color:
Signature Green

Plus an assortment of "one-off" custom colors like on the "final" series.

Roadster paint colors

Full list:
Later model special colors:
Lightning Green
Insane Green
Galactic Gray
Burnt Orange?

If I'm researching correctly, "Insane Green" was officially called "Poire Vert" (Pear Green) and was a Signature 250 color. Signature 100 #100 also received it and is the only North American Roadster with it. The color was a development version of Lotus's Krypton Green that was never used on any Lotuses. The Krypton Green seen on Elises is more yellow and looks lighter, due to a white pearl intercoat. I recently sprayed a test panel with it while researching new color options for #113.

"Burnt Orange" may have been "Tarocco Rosso" (Blood Orange), also a Sig 250 color.

euro-colors.png

Yes, I had pondered similar. I am not sure if any Roadsters were actually made in "Aegean" or "Tarocco".
I think I have seen a couple European Roadsters in a darker browner orange, but not totally confirmed.
(Sometimes pictures can be misleading.)