Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

Could this sudden drop be due to my using my heater today? Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 7E63E19B-57DB-4AA1-B072-E5FF10A635D5.png
    7E63E19B-57DB-4AA1-B072-E5FF10A635D5.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 115
I don't know how to read that chart but sure, heater does consume much more energy than your air conditioner.
Thanks Tam. Today is the first day I’ve used the heater in my car and it’s the same day my range dipped at the same time. I plan on driving tomorrow with no heater and using the heated seat on level one. I look forward to seeing my range on Teslafi tomorrow night.

You are going to see significant range reduction in colder weather regardless of heater usage. This is especially true for short trips. Don’t get hypersensitive about monitoring range or you’ll go nuts. Anticipate at least 20% less range on a road trip if the temps are near freezing.

You are going to see significant range reduction in colder weather regardless of heater usage. This is especially true for short trips. Don’t get hypersensitive about monitoring range or you’ll go nuts. Anticipate at least 20% less range on a road trip if the temps are near freezing.
Thanks VT