Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MarcG over in the P85D tracking thread took delivery of a P85D on 19" wheels. It shows 242 miles of range, as I predicted from my research into the regulations (not sure if I posted that prediction in this thread but I did over at TM forums when asked).

attachment.php?attachmentid=65822&d=1418406390.jpg

Is there a P85 and/or P85+ window sticker available for comparisons?

Edit: from what I can tell, the 85 kWh was tested with no separate test for P85
Compare Side-by-Side

The 85 gets:
89 MPGe combined
88 MPGe city
90 MPGe highway.

So the P85D is worse in the city, but better in the more important highway driving. I know this was pointed out in here before, but I just wanted to reiterate.
279f63d4-1892-4596-b321-8440feb4c89c2.jpg

Last edited:
The EPA sticker is misleading for charging time. It says "Charge time: 12 hours (240V)". This assumes a 30A circuit as Leaf or Volt uses. If charging time is going to be included at all on the EPA sticker, and I don't know why it should be, at least it should be specific to the charger in the car which is 40A. Not that anyone charges from 0 routinely, but if they did at 40A it would take 8.3 hours, not 12 hours.

The EPA sticker is misleading for charging time. It says "Charge time: 12 hours (240V)". This assumes a 30A circuit as Leaf or Volt uses. If charging time is going to be included at all on the EPA sticker, and I don't know why it should be, at least it should be specific to the charger in the car which is 40A. Not that anyone charges from 0 routinely, but if they did at 40A it would take 8.3 hours, not 12 hours.

On top of that, the buyer of this car very intelligently got the twin charger option, and can charge at 80 Amps.

Edit: from what I can tell, the 85 kWh was tested with no separate test for P85

As I mentioned before the Model S 85, P85 and P85+ are all the same car as far as the vehicle configuration is defined by the regulations. The P85D since it has a different motor configuration than any other Model S is a separate vehicle as far as the regulations are concerned. Since the P and P+ are just options, Tesla only needs to include options that more than 33% of a vehicle configuration will be delivered with.

Yeah the charge time has always been peculiar.

One thing I'd like to point out is that today the order form for the P85D updated and the 242 number has disappeared. Only the 250 number remains. Given that cars are being delivered with the 242 sticker, this certainly is interesting.

MarcG over in the P85D tracking thread took delivery of a P85D on 19" wheels. It shows 242 miles of range, as I predicted from my research into the regulations (not sure if I posted that prediction in this thread but I did over at TM forums when asked).
The "When fully charged, vehicle can travel about..." is also misleading. It said that also for the 2013 Leaf with 75 miles on the sticker (which is not the range when "fully charged"; range fully charged is actually 84 miles). So the sticker still doesn't tell us whether any range averaging happened for the modes.
http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2013-Nissan-LEAF-sticker.jpg