Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated Range dropped by 10km on 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My P85 is down to 345km on a 90% charge in 7.1. Not sure if it's because I'm charging mostly via UMC while waiting for the 3-phase units to come out... Efficiency does seem up though, so it's strange to see a lower estimated range

My P85 is down to 345km on a 90% charge in 7.1. Not sure if it's because I'm charging mostly via UMC while waiting for the 3-phase units to come out... Efficiency does seem up though, so it's strange to see a lower estimated range

The position of the slider seems to be a bit random, so if you have changed your charge setting recently it may have changed the numbers. After a trip to the blue mountains my 90% charge went down to 342, but after coming back from Canberra its at 349... go figure. I suspect that its having the slider 1mm to either side.

Remember that when you are taking and comparing range readings you need to know whether you have range mode on or off. With range mode on, your range readings will be higher. For example, with range mode on at 80% charge, my range readings are currently 4kms higher (for both rated and typical) than with range mode off.