Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle noise coming from front Air Suspension (2017-18)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been following this thread since delivery and discovery of the annoying rattle noise in august. Which SC in Norway have you been in contact with Dragetreneren? Tesla Oslo Skøyen don`t know *sugar* about this issue, The mobile service confirmed the thing we all knew, that it was the suspension and supposedly waiting for their engineer to manufactor the part. Im afraid I have to wait years before this issue is resolved, a with a brand new car its pretty annoying

• Love
Reactions: Dan77
My 2017 MS 75D got few rattling issues including the low speed annoying clunk but the prominent one that I started noticing just recently is a clunk noise under hard acceleration. I can feel that in the steering. Any thoughts? Here is the video

Front drive axiles? A technician would easily identify this. What I have heard is that when this becomes realy bad the front axiles fail. People say it is not dangerous, but I would be concerned provided it is a AWD vehicle and while you expect it to be AWD it suddenly becomes 2WD or 1WD then this might come as a surprise that will require an appropriate reaction. The car should be rolling though, as I understood, but how much control you as a driver will have is questionable.

Been following this thread since delivery and discovery of the annoying rattle noise in august. Which SC in Norway have you been in contact with Dragetreneren? Tesla Oslo Skøyen don`t know *sugar* about this issue, The mobile service confirmed the thing we all knew, that it was the suspension and supposedly waiting for their engineer to manufactor the part. Im afraid I have to wait years before this issue is resolved, a with a brand new car its pretty annoying

I do not know where you are heading with your question about SC. But what I want to say is that exposing one or the other SC in the context of failing to comply with customer requests is absolutely not the subject of this thread.

This thread is about a very particular problem. The problem that Tesla has not come out with a certain and complete solution for, as to my knowledge.

You are certainly not alone with this and as you see other owners posting here - there is "a solution" with part 1067361-77-C. There are varying feedbacks on if this is a complete resolution or not. You can of course ask if this part is available for ordering in the SC of your choice. When you know something that you feel might be useful for other owners to know about you should be sure your feedback is highly appreciated. Thank you!

I do not know where you are heading with your question about SC. But what I want to say is that exposing one or the other SC in the context of failing to comply with customer requests is absolutely not the subject of this thread.

This thread is about a very particular problem. The problem that Tesla has not come out with a certain and complete solution for, as to my knowledge.

You are certainly not alone with this and as you see other owners posting here - there is "a solution" with part 1067361-77-C. There are varying feedbacks on if this is a complete resolution or not. You can of course ask if this part is available for ordering in the SC of your choice. When you know something that you feel might be useful for other owners to know about you should be sure your feedback is highly appreciated. Thank you!

The question is if you got anywhere with your own issue, because the different SC wary alot in their knowledge even though it shouldnt be like that, this is my third Models S so I should know. I can`t see you posting any "solutions" yourself or tried any of the parts proposed by others, And since you are located where I am myself its logical for me to ask if you got any better anwer

Thank you for clearing out your intent! :) No, I have not "gotten anywhere" yet unfortunately :( No explanations that I would find explanatory either. No firm date on the complete solution. No attempts to solve it - the argumentation for that was that everything has been tried and it does not make sense to invest in work that is known to fail.

I do know that some owners managed to put order on part 1067361-77-C, but like I said nobody I know tells for sure if this is the complete solution. More than that, some owners in this thread have indicated that the problem remains, but now Tesla is having troubles prioritizing it - probably because there weren't many who reported about it not being a complete fix.

Wow, been following this thread for a few weeks now and was under the impression that the part number mentioned above, was the final fix. Tesla tells me they are waiting for this part to arrive. But the information is not consistent with who you speak. In any case I was also told that an earlier solution would not completely solve the issue, but I don't know if, the specific part number mentioned above is the earlier solution from summer timeframe, or a more recent attempt which just hasn't been confirmed yet as final.

I will check with them on Monday (Service Center Amsterdam) to see what parts they claim to be waiting for, let's see what that brings.

• Love
Reactions: Dragetreneren
After going back into the thread it does appear that the 1067361-77-C is the part with the modification. Some people do seem to report this as the final fix. I will still go and check if this is what is on order for my car (if they are willing to share). My appointment is not until December 11th, but I will keep monitoring here to see if other reports come by

After going back into the thread it does appear that the 1067361-77-C is the part with the modification. Some people do seem to report this as the final fix. I will still go and check if this is what is on order for my car (if they are willing to share). My appointment is not until December 11th, but I will keep monitoring here to see if other reports come by
You might want to carefully pick the right words when you ask. "Final" can mean Tesla is done with engineering efforts provided it is not as severe as with 1067361-25-C. "Complete" is something else. Devil is in the details, as lawyers say ;)

Just to be clear....I was one of the first to get the new struts and reported the new part number here in this thread. That was more than a month ago, and for me the problem is definitely still fixed.
Bladec59: I, too, am wondering what size rims you have on your car, and what model do you have? My experience with the "fix" (Part No. 1067361-77-C) on my March 2018 75D (with 19" rims) is that the "fix" doesn't entirely solve the problem.

I have had the rattle since I took delivery of my RHD Model S in March of this year. They replaced both Air Spring Modules on Friday last and the issue is certainly solved - hopefully permanently! The parts detailed as being used were : AIR SPRING MODULE FR - MS2 DM (1067361-77-C)

Just a quick update. Two weeks and 2120Kms since the new parts were fitted. Still rattle free..