Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattle....

JimboM

Feb 25, 2020
South West
Ok, I’ve been stupid....

Somehow a strawberry bonbon fell on the rear floor. I made the mistake of not immediately stopping and picking it up.

By the time I finished driving it had vanished.

Except it has not vanished it is now merrily rolling around inside what sounds like a tube, every corner, braking, accelerating, off it goes again. Mental cruelty....

Not sure whether it went down the floor heater vent (tried vacuum them out) or just disappeared into one of the many holes that the carpet does not actually cover...

Any suggests to find it / resolve....

My children are so happy that it was not them ;)

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Yup, it will have gone down one of the vents under the driver or passenger seat.

Maybe some kind of painters tape + plastic rod might be able to get it out?

Glan gluaisne

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2019
UK
Perhaps fit one of these Chinese "rat skirts": Chinese drivers fashion rat-proof car 'skirts'
_90806918_ratskirt4.png

• Funny
Reactions: Rustybkts

Alistairuk

Jun 25, 2020
Scotland
It’s in the vent that’s under the seat - park on a steep hill with the front facing up hill - put the seat all the way forward and get a thin stick and start probing :)

rincewind

Nov 5, 2019
London England
I had this about 6 months ago. Exactly the same symptoms. It went away after a couple of days - I presumed whatever it was got stuck somewhere. I even booked a SC appointment, then cancelled it.

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
Ok, I’ve been stupid....

Somehow a strawberry bonbon fell on the rear floor. I made the mistake of not immediately stopping and picking it up.

By the time I finished driving it had vanished.

Except it has not vanished it is now merrily rolling around inside what sounds like a tube, every corner, braking, accelerating, off it goes again. Mental cruelty....

Not sure whether it went down the floor heater vent (tried vacuum them out) or just disappeared into one of the many holes that the carpet does not actually cover...

Any suggests to find it / resolve....

My children are so happy that it was not them ;)
These are what you need to prevent future problems...

UK accessories for RHD Model 3

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC