Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My disaster of a delivery experience (No quality control)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the PNW. There will be a half inch of moss under the car where it has grown unimpeded for 6 months.

At least the Model X isn't leaking oil on your driveway I guess. Trying to find the silver lining, but there doesn't seem to be a silver lining haha.

If there's one good thing I guess is that you didn't absolutely need this Model X for your family. Can you imagine if you had purchased your Model X as a primary family hauler and didn't have like a ton of excess liquidity lying around? You and your fam would totally be so screwed.

And of course there are lots of folks who will be like 'but my model X is so good!'.

At least the Model X isn't leaking oil on your driveway I guess. Trying to find the silver lining, but there doesn't seem to be a silver lining haha.

If there's one good thing I guess is that you didn't absolutely need this Model X for your family. Can you imagine if you had purchased your Model X as a primary family hauler and didn't have like a ton of excess liquidity lying around? You and your fam would totally be so screwed.

And of course there are lots of folks who will be like 'but my model X is so good!'.

No kidding. Going back through this ridiculous thread, I see posts from May, June, July where, at those times, I NEVER would have thought that Tesla could continue to be so inept that the broken down car would still be sitting in my alley, but here we are. Even the service center sounds annoyed that they cannot get a form that they need to pick up the car.

IT'S FINALLY GONE AFTER NEARLY 9 MONTHS! Tesla could not get it to turn on even when jumped with a new 12v battery, so this thing is dead dead dead and had to be dragged onto the tow truck.

One last hiccup was that Tesla roadside attempted to charge ME for the tow of THEIR vehicle (since I no longer own it). It took the service tech who came out to inspect the vehicle and set up the tow a while to fix that issue and get it paid for by Tesla.

Interestingly, they had a sticker to put over the driver's door info sticker that said it was a lemon and was not to be driven. They could not put it on since the doors could not be opened though.

P.S. The mobile tech who came out was absolutely wonderful. If only Tesla had many more employees like that.

PXL_20230831_174627803.jpg

IT'S FINALLY GONE AFTER NEARLY 9 MONTHS! Tesla could not get it to turn on even when jumped with a new 12v battery, so this thing is dead dead dead and had to be dragged onto the tow truck.

One last hiccup was that Tesla roadside attempted to charge ME for the tow of THEIR vehicle (since I no longer own it). It took the service tech who came out to inspect the vehicle and set up the tow a while to fix that issue and get it paid for by Tesla.

Interestingly, they had a sticker to put over the driver's door info sticker that said it was a lemon and was not to be driven. They could not put it on since the doors could not be opened though.

P.S. The mobile tech who came out was absolutely wonderful. If only Tesla had many more employees like that.

View attachment 969819
Jeeze Louise... what a nightmare. I really like that after market rain deterrence system. I hope you charged them for it in the app. Congratulations!!

Jeeze Louise... what a nightmare. I really like that after market rain deterrence system. I hope you charged them for it in the app. Congratulations!!

As if the app works. Even today, when the tech called roadside on his phone and then had me talk to them, roadside did not want to talk to me because I could not verify the mileage of the car because the app has said "...miles" with no number showing for months.

And yes, the duct tape really sets the car apart. Some people black out the chrome, some people tape the windows closed on a $130k car. To each their own? Tesla actually did not respond when I asked them twice many months ago if I should tape the windows closed, so it rained quite a few times before they finally told me to do that the 3rd time I asked.

Well, today was the deadline for Tesla to have paid off my auto loan and deliver the remaining funds via check as per our signed agreement from July....and they failed. There's been no communication with corporate since they towed my car back in August.

Despite how poorly Tesla has handled this entire situation over the past 10+ months, I should not be surprised at how incompetent Tesla is, but somehow this is still stunning to me.

Thankfully, the state AG's office has been in weekly contact with me to ensure Tesla follows through, and now they are involved since Tesla has not fulfilled their end of the agreement. This nightmare is never ending.

Whoa, I found footage of when @rpo got his lemon/buyback check.

View attachment 976981

I can unequivocally state that "footage" is fake! (considering I have received nothing but a complete lack of communication from Tesla) LOL.

Even the attorney general's office emailing Tesla to tell them they are in breach of contract has not helped so far.

I finally received the check today, so this saga has come to a close (assuming it does not bounce).

I had a good and fun run with my first three Teslas with great customer service from the service centers, sales, etc. It's sad that Tesla caused things to go so poorly on my fourth purchase. It cost them someone who was headed to become a lifelong customer (me) and likely a lot more sales in the future from my neighbors, friends, and those that read about this sh*tshow on this thread.

I finally received the check today, so this saga has come to a close (assuming it does not bounce).

I had a good and fun run with my first three Teslas with great customer service from the service centers, sales, etc. It's sad that Tesla caused things to go so poorly on my fourth purchase. It cost them someone who was headed to become a lifelong customer (me) and likely a lot more sales in the future from my neighbors, friends, and those that read about this sh*tshow on this thread.
Just to give you a good laugh and to remember you are not the only one Tesla jacks around….this is from today. I asked to speak to the service manager last week 😆

IMG_6988.jpeg