Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven S Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I’m doing a Raven S extended test drive and have a few questions.

The seat side bolsters kind of dig into me. Do they loosen up over time?

I have performance model. It’s scary fast. Does selecting Sport result in the same performance as long range? Sport seems a little slow after experiencing Ludicrous+.

It has a front license plate. Do they come from the factory like that? I hope not.

Thanks

I haven't found the side bolsters changing much after two months, but I'm lucky and they are comfortable for me. Sport would be closer to the long range, but the setting seems to adjust the sensitivity of the go pedal as much as the power. I knocked it back to chill for a few days until I got used to the acceleration as I found a little tap went a long way. Now that I have the feel down, I'm in permanent Ludicrous.

They all come with the front plate now and Tesla will not remove it - apparently the car was crash tested with it on and removing it would invalidate the test. It is an oddball bolt, but it can be removed with a pair of right angle needlenose pliers. There is also an adhesive strip - mine came off clean, but worst case, you might need to cut it with dental floss or fishing line and use goof-off on any residue. A steam cleaner, used carefully, would also work, both to warm & loosen the adhesive and to clean off any remaining goop.

Love the car and it does look a lot better minus the license plate frame.

Last edited:
We shall see, I was told specifically by my SA that the front plate holder would not be on the car, it comes in the trunk..... but then again, what does he know just wants to tell me what I want to hear then say "Oh they must have just changed the way they do it???"

• Funny
Reactions: shellderp
Everything is slow after experiencing ludicrous. There's nothing faster. you've ruined yourself

LOL. They took me on a test drive in a performance even though I only wanted a LR. I had absolutely no need for the P. On the drive we go, he asked if I wanted to test it, at this point I am of course curious so I say yes. If this were a couple of years ago I would have ended with "I left with the Perfomance". But older and wiser me decided to stick to the original plan. Now my 3.7 feels like a snail. Makes me want to test the 0-60, but I figure I am probably just left jaded.

re: Front License Plate

When I picked up my Raven LR in May, asked about removing the front license plate holder. In PA there is no front plate. Tesla told me that the front plate holder could not be removed since it was an integral part of the front end safety testing.

Anyway, when I had paint protection film put on the car, the detailer removed the front license plate holder. It looks like it's stuck on with some kind of tape.

It is a strange world where 3.7s is considered slow.....
I am at 5.2s - a literal world of difference from 3.7. In day to day driving, I feel like every other car is standing still. Why do they all drive so slowly (accelerate but you get the idea).
I sometimes imagine how short light cycles could be if everyone drove even my lowly 70D (and wasn't texting/sleeping at the wheel).
In our area, I think the average car is accelerating at a 15 sec 0-60 pace. Of course that average car is an SUV. We should have no traffic issues when every car is a robot accelerating at a 5 sec pace.

Ok, so back to the license plate frame... no screws in to the front of the bumper if factory installed?? sticky tape with some bolts from the bottom under the opening? can someone please describe how 19's are being delivered

It’s the same it’s always been. There are 2 odd shape bolts facing downward on the underside of the plate frame, connecting it to the bumper. You can get 90deg plyers for $10 on eBay, and loosen them w that. Once the bolts are out, use a hairdryer to heat up the plate, there is a sticky substance holding it to the bumper. It heats up, and you pull it right off, wipe the residue and off you go.

Not hard, just annoying.

It’s the same it’s always been. There are 2 odd shape bolts facing downward on the underside of the plate frame, connecting it to the bumper. You can get 90deg plyers for $10 on eBay, and loosen them w that. Once the bolts are out, use a hairdryer to heat up the plate, there is a sticky substance holding it to the bumper. It heats up, and you pull it right off, wipe the residue and off you go.

Not hard, just annoying.

Just saw a video of how they attach. On all my other cars there are two fat wood screws drilled right in to the bumper cover, so 2 fat holes when you remove the holder. Glad these remove clean, I never run front plates