Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven wiper problems.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, even cars with rain sensors vary in sensitivity. I had the windshield replaced in my 2013 due to a stone chip, and the auto wipers became less sensitive. The high setting is what the low setting used to be like. I asked service if they could calibrate it but they said they could not.

My leaf was great in driving rain to mist. Not automatic but it worked great. Highest setting in my 2016 is often insufficient in very heavy rain. Quite baffling to fail in a very simple safety mechanism. The wiper movement is too powerful and not swift enough. We need more rapid movement with less force.

Slider, like the slider on the radio/Slacker/TuneIn? NOT easy to do when driving, let alone driving in the rain. Sometimes, the old way is better. But damned knob back onto the post.

No a slider for setting the factor for how sensitive the notches on the stalk are. In the settings. Let's say you have a factor of 1, then it works like now.
A factor of 1.5, it is 50% more sensitive / intense for each notch on the stalk etc.

Or a slider per notch on the stalk so you can choose how intense each level is.

This is not meant to be used all the time, just set it and forget it factor in one of the settings pages.

No a slider for setting the factor for how sensitive the notches on the stalk are. In the settings. Let's say you have a factor of 1, then it works like now.
A factor of 1.5, it is 50% more sensitive / intense for each notch on the stalk etc.

Or a slider per notch on the stalk so you can choose how intense each level is.

This is not meant to be used all the time, just set it and forget it factor in one of the settings pages.

For that to be useful Tesla would have to design a rain sensing solution that could detect and respond at various levels of sensitivity. I’ve seen no evidence to date that they’re capable of this.

For that to be useful Tesla would have to design a rain sensing solution that could detect and respond at various levels of sensitivity. I’ve seen no evidence to date that they’re capable of this.

They have sensitivitity already .. a neural network model has a 0-100% confidence , and the factor can be the % of confidence threshold to wipe. For me it is not sensitive enough.

They have sensitivitity already .. a neural network model has a 0-100% confidence , and the factor can be the % of confidence threshold to wipe. For me it is not sensitive enough.

Yes, and they supposedly have implemented exactly this - the first two “intermittent” settings on the wiper stalk are supposed to be varying levels of sensitivity.

My point is it’s currently rubbish and the behavior is erratic and nonsensical regardless of setting.

• Funny
Reactions: emmz0r