Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready to go hard on a P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you will like the car either way, but might second guess your choice for a while, it's human nature.

Me, I'd never do air or pano again. I want quiet. I've opened the pano 2 or 3 times, only to close it due to glare. The air, while handy for certain situations makes noise as it self adjusts (think air compressor, that's what it is). The auto height setting only kicks in under 35 to raise it for a GPS suspension change. So as I approach a dip that I have previously set to auto raise, it waits until I have slowed to start adjusting. This means that I am often on the dip before it starts adjusting, so sometimes it's worthless. I wish it would realize I am going 60mph towards the dip, so it will take 4 seconds to raise the suspension and just do it. Not wait until I have slowed for the dip.

Enjoy it, either way.
One of the positive of pano is the roof rack.. Only available with pano

I got the pano roof to get Sirius because I have to listen to Howard Stern. But I neglected to get the Ultra audio so it won't work. They told me to use the Sirius app and Bluetooth it to the car. Is there any other solution anyone knows of. I'd even mount a small Sirius radio receiver in the car?

I see the SD in SDRick may have thrown you off. Perhaps I should be SD CA Rick. If I was in South Dakota I would be right there with you on the cold weather package!
You may want to reconsider the cold weather package... the Padres have been pretty cold recently.

I would configure the base wheels on my order and swap them out for the TST 20" grey turbines when I take delivery. These are factory replicas but the 20" size offers better pothole protection and many more available tire sizes. They are one shade lighter but talking to people who have seen them in person, they don't see much of a difference. This is my plan.
TST 20" Tesla Model S Wheel

Reactions: e-FTW
I got the pano roof to get Sirius because I have to listen to Howard Stern. But I neglected to get the Ultra audio so it won't work. They told me to use the Sirius app and Bluetooth it to the car. Is there any other solution anyone knows of. I'd even mount a small Sirius radio receiver in the car?
I would just use the app, the sound quality is better and you don't have add any more hardware.

You may want to reconsider the cold weather package... the Padres have been pretty cold recently.

I would configure the base wheels on my order and swap them out for the TST 20" grey turbines when I take delivery. These are factory replicas but the 20" size offers better pothole protection and many more available tire sizes. They are one shade lighter but talking to people who have seen them in person, they don't see much of a difference. This is my plan.
TST 20" Tesla Model S Wheel

Too funny on your cold weather package suggestion for San Diego!

Also agree with you on the wheels. So far though, I'm pretty happy with the 19s and now have the option to upgrade to the grey 20s or even paint the current set that beautiful gray. Chances are I probably will just leave it as is, but you never know.