Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real Steering Controls for the Model 3

Why the misrepresentation ?

• The futuristic "spaceship" controls will be put on the Model S

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • The steering wheel on SN1 is not the real steering wheel

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • The spaceship controls will be an option later in production

Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe he was talking about HUD and got smart about it.

As a Jamaican Tesla Psychic... I say... "Ear me now Mon! Heer is yer free readin'!"

The center console be pivoting or slidin' to the sides mon'..... right along the straight dash from left to right mon'.... It might even slide behind the steerin' wheel, which is why Elon' said "you won't care" ... Lardhavemercy.

I'z also preedictin' the steeeerin' wheel be different dan d'photographs...

Ar, maybe I be smokin' too much ganja at the beech! Lardhavemercy!

Any replies to me comment should be in an Jamaican accent.... AYEEEEE!

• Funny
Reactions: PTADO and LoL Rick
As a Jamaican Tesla Psychic... I say... "Ear me now Mon! Heer is yer free readin'!"

The center console be pivoting or slidin' to the sides mon'..... right along the straight dash from left to right mon'.... It might even slide behind the steerin' wheel, which is why Elon' said "you won't care" ... Lardhavemercy.

I'z also preedictin' the steeeerin' wheel be different dan d'photographs...

Ar, maybe I be smokin' too much ganja at the beech! Lardhavemercy!

Any replies to me comment should be in an Jamaican accent.... AYEEEEE!
I like the Austin Texas accent better.

Option 6: He was talking about Full Self Driving, and all that goes with that. That's the way his spaceships feel.

Thank you kindly.

But the Tweet he was answering to was about a Ferrari style steering wheel and wipers/turn signals stalks.

What has FSD and a totally normal steering wheel to do with a Ferrari style steering wheel. Because even with FSD coming, the cars will still have a regular steering wheel, which doesn't even look retractable

Elon has implied that Model S the technology/speed leader, their premium car.
Interesting to see how quickly features work down to the model 3, as surely many will.
I'm more interested to see how things work their way up to the Model S too, such as something initially designed for the Model 3 to be reliable and low cost but turns out it's a good fit for Model S too.

I'm more interested to see how things work their way up to the Model S too, such as something initially designed for the Model 3 to be reliable and low cost but turns out it's a good fit for Model S too.
Yes, it would make sense for the alien dreadnought to work its way back up the product line to improve reliability and manufacturability of the flagship models.

If this is in-fact, the crash-test model, they would be required to have the production steering wheel installed on the vehicle. At this point, the 3 having 'just a regular looking steering wheel' is easy to assume. Whether it has fun and fancy unknown functions is TBD, but as far as the actual wheel, this may be it.

model-3-spotted-with-new-rims-imgur1-e1499964527495.jpg

I am not expecting anything big and new at the July 28 event, but the ONE thing that makes me still think there is something left to show is that they have still not posted a single photo of the interior in marketing materials, not a single shot of the interior was taken in the big Motor Trend photo shoot last spring. They have covered the screen and wheel sometimes in the RCs.

If there is no surprise, why have they not shown anything of the interior officially? They showed off the exterior that wasn't even complete. They even showed off the matte black car that had the old door handles in their first marketing video. But they won't officially show off anything from the interior.

Why? Again, I have my expectations low for anything new, but it doesn't make sense at all to not show the interior in any fashion yet.

Also, last fall Elon said there would be a reveal 3 in the spring. Then they changed that to summer, which will be July 28. Why have another "reveal" if we already saw the final exterior and interior? Why not put photos of the interior on the website if it's complete?

I am not expecting anything big and new at the July 28 event, but the ONE thing that makes me still think there is something left to show is that they have still not posted a single photo of the interior in marketing materials, not a single shot of the interior was taken in the big Motor Trend photo shoot last spring. They have covered the screen and wheel sometimes in the RCs.
I share the sentiment. What I don't know is if "the big splash" will be "meh" or "woah", and for which audiences.

I doubt the model 3 will ever "self drive" as in punch in a location and let it go. By the time regulations approve it new hardware will be available and regulators or Tesla will want to have that in the first full self driving car. In other words you'll need ap3.

Ap2 felt like a rush to get away from mobile eye at all cost.

The AP2 obsession is what kept all other improvements on the side line. We should of had improvements to our UI, Browser, Music and the ability to mirror our phones by now. AP2 ruined all of that progress in my opinion. AP is nice and unique right now, but for the money spent on an S, I expect other features that I mentioned above to be improved by now.

You uphill, star, even for a shotta!
Lot of corn in it fo ya, brethren. No gangsta pimps aroun hier, just gentlemens aaait

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp