Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realist isn't happy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we keep the discussion on the i8 please?

Sure;

...won't be taking it to the store when I buy groceries for Bonnie's party unless I tie the bags to a sled that I tie to the back bumper
...it's no good for taking my Mother anywhere, she'd never be able to get in or out of it with her bad knees and back - heck, not sure I could get in and out of it on a bad day
...it's a hybrid :rolleyes: - go big or go home, I say
...it begs to be keyed by someone with issues (there's lots of those people around)
...somebody is going to park right next to it - even if I park it at the other end of the parking lot, six miles away, and hit it with their car door within the first week

Might make a good trailer queen, though.

Indeed. From the i3 thread:

Sure dude.

Wow. That basically proves he isn't acting in good faith. I can maybe give a pass to his knocks against the Model S for not being the perfect car to cruise the autobahn for 800 mile trips at 200mph without a break but it clearly is the best EV on the market.

I agree with leaving realist alone. He is just playing with people to get a response.

Last edited:
If you want to save the Environment take the train.
Good news is I'm not trying to save the environment. Bought it for the technology and torque.
Given this thread seems to be about playing with the troll, this is off topic but... I've never been very happy with the phrase "saving the environment" — as if the environment is something apart from us, like an object that we look at or enjoy or something. I mean, the environment is where we live, what we live on and in and off of. "Saving the planet" isn't any better. Or even "saving ourselves". "Ecosystem" sounds even farther removed.

It's almost like the phrase should be "do you want to help protect your own (and our own) health, well-being and future livelihood"? But of course there will always be plenty of people who don't, even when it comes to making simple direct impacts on their own body health, let alone impacts on the surrounding land, air and water – which in turn affect themselves as well as everyone else.

Oh well. For me, it's counter-intuitive to ever say I'm not trying to protect my environment (or my health), even when it's not the focus of a given decision. So, I'm happy to have these new opportunities to enjoy myself — including the pleasure of driving around on electricity – electricity that we have so many better ways to produce. Very cool!