Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reality of the NextGen Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to decide. I wanted to order nex gen's, but found yesterday that they do not let you sit as low. I am coming out of a 911. What is your opinion?
I didn't get too much time to compare and my decision was finally made remotely, with only photos and my vague recollection. My test drive was in a car with the regular seats, so my butt was in tune to that before sitting for a few moments in the Next Gen's.

I didn't notice a height difference. I noticed the side bolsters and I noticed additional lumbar support (which might have been an adjustment difference for all I know).

My current ride is an E-Class Benz, which has wide and relatively unbolstered seats. About as far from the Next Gen's as I can imagine.

In the end, I ordered Next Gen in part because I figured there was no point in skimping on a sub-thousand option given the price of the rest of the vehicle. It's the part of the car I'm going to be the most intimately acquainted with, so it better be comfortable. Would I order a full-load diesel 4X4 pickup and go with the bench seat instead of the buckets? Not likely! :)

I am trying to decide. I wanted to order nex gen's, but found yesterday that they do not let you sit as low. I am coming out of a 911. What is your opinion?
Who told you that the Next Gen Model S seats caused the occupant to sit higher than the original style seats? I do not believe that is correct.

I have set in the Next Gen seats several times and did not notice that.

In the end, I ordered Next Gen in part because I figured there was no point in skimping on a sub-thousand option given the price of the rest of the vehicle. It's the part of the car I'm going to be the most intimately acquainted with, so it better be comfortable. Would I order a full-load diesel 4X4 pickup and go with the bench seat instead of the buckets? Not likely! :)

Would you pls describe how the lumbar support works in NG seats?

Would you pls describe how the lumbar support works in NG seats?
Wish I could... I didn't look that closely because I didn't think I would spring for them at the time. There seemed to be more support, but if there is an adjustment (someone can describe?) it could have been set tighter. In other words, I don't know for a fact that the Next Gens offer more support - they might be the same for all I know.