Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Liftgate Sunshade - Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a store-brand USB fan from Micro Center for about $5. It's not fancy, and the power cable pulled out of the fan housing after a couple of months of use and abuse. I fixed that up with some liquid electrical tape and it's been fine ever since. Looks like they don't sell it anymore, but I'm sure there are a ton of stupidly cheap options out there that would work OK.

Reactions: Fanatic1
The rear sunshade keeps falling off while driving... Then, tried use the velcro tapes sticks it on the rear window, the velcro sticker got melted when it was very hot and made the sunshade fall off again. How did you guys do it?

Are you using the one from Tesla? The one I have from them has no velcro at all, but expands to fit tightly in the window.

Last edited:
I wasn't a huge fan of that sunshade. I got my windows tinted. It won't help jump seats enough, but it does help reduce the overall heat. It does make the blackvue recording slightly poorer though, especially at night
I did tinting and sunshade. You can mount the blackvue rear camera so the sunshade is covering over it and not interfere with the camera lens. The tinting does diminish the quality of the recordings a bit.

Reactions: Sir Guacamolaf