Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seats - Not Aligned on Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this thread. I got my car served last week, and my seat alignment looked just like yours. It also had a rattle. Anyway, they completely fixed it. The rear seat is now totally flush and has no rattle!

I am taking my MY in next week for these same issues. I hope they can fix it.

Also, while folding down the seats, I noticed the side of the left seat has a tear in it, like someone cut into it with an exacto knife. Very poor QC out of the Fremont tent assembly line, for sure

Here’s mine. Doesn’t look too bad I guess so maybe I have the updated parts. What you guys think?

Attachments

• B9B9ED46-82F0-4761-B703-D80F6ABC698B.jpeg
    B9B9ED46-82F0-4761-B703-D80F6ABC698B.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 197C25A9-0CF4-4AF0-BF25-29381D7C76CE.jpeg
    197C25A9-0CF4-4AF0-BF25-29381D7C76CE.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: ra88it and Matsayz
For the rattle, I had a similar problem with squeaking/rattling noise coming from the back seat area. Later I found that the noise only happens when the seat is in the more reclined positions (both medium- and full-recline). When I put the back seats to most upright position, the noise disappeared. My guess is that when there's someone in the back seat applying constant pressure, then maybe even at a reclined position there might not be any noise, but without that load, the reclined position is not fully secured and make a noise. Not an ideal situation but at least there's a workaround. I'll put the back seats to the most upright position and recline only when someone sits in the back.

Just saw this thread. I got my car served last week, and my seat alignment looked just like yours. It also had a rattle. Anyway, they completely fixed it. The rear seat is now totally flush and has no rattle!
Would you post a pic? I have yet to see one from someone who feels the seats were NOT aligned properly but now ARE aligned.

Thanks!!

My passenger side rear seat was a bit higher than the middle/right seats when I took delivery. I had them fix it. Now both the driver and passenger side seats are slightly higher than the middle. To me, this was a reasonable compromise as the seats are now symmetric.

I am having the same exact issues with my Model Y. The right rear seat is not aligned with the left rear seat when you first push them back up. If I move the right seat to the "second" reline position, everything aligns. I am also experiencing the issue with the seats folding down from the rear cargo area switches. The right seat will auto fold if in the first position but not if it is reclined and the left seat will not fold at all. I have a service appointment scheduled for Monday for this and a few other issues. I will respond back with what they say (hopefully after it is fixed).

View attachment 528685

How did your service appointment go with the seat release lever in the trunk? Were they able to fix the issue or did they have to replace the seat? I have the same issue with my rear passenger side seat where it would slowly release from the rear trunk lever. Now it does not release at all. I hear a motorized mechanism trying to fold the seat when the trunk lever is pulled but no luck. Our service appointment is coming up this week.