Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear view mirror wiring diagram

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out the wiring configuration to the rear view mirror. The ends of my volt meter are too big to fit in the tiny holes. I'm looking for a switchable 12v for radar. Got 5 wires. Black (assuming ground), green, red, green and black stripe, yellow.
2015-05-25 12.45.32.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out the wiring configuration to the rear view mirror. The ends of my volt meter are too big to fit in the tiny holes. I'm looking for a switchable 12v for radar. Got 5 wires. Black (assuming ground), green, red, green and black stripe, yellow.
How did you open the botton of the mirror/AP camera housing. I try prying it open gently, but it did not seem to want to open, and I did not want to break it.

My wires are colored differently (VIN # 94075): black, green, orange, green & white, red & yellow.
Is it safe to assume the order is consistent and the red & yellow wire is switched 12v? Can I use this and black to connect radar detector?
Thanks.

My wires are colored differently (VIN # 94075): black, green, orange, green & white, red & yellow.
Is it safe to assume the order is consistent and the red & yellow wire is switched 12v? Can I use this and black to connect radar detector?
Thanks.
My 90D is August 2015 production and has red/yellow as the switched 12V.

I put some pictures here or tapping it from the mic grill opening: Newer VIN constant 12v power options (dashcam)? - Page 7

My vin is in 121000 range so production date January 2016 and the camera cover comes off easily just by pulling straigt down, and then the red/yellow wire is the switched 12V and the black is the ground. Took all of 5 minutes max to install the pin connector for the Radar Detector. Modle S 70D

• Informative
Reactions: Kbra