TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recalibration After repair

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keith909man, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

I just got my car back from service for the auto windshield wipers not detecting rain. They replaced one of the front facing cameras as a result and was informed to drive the 30-100 miles for auto pilot to be recalibrated. Well, it’s been just about 100 miles now and nothing.. on the IC without autopilot engaged, it’s not seeing the road lines nor the cars in front. I can’t recall, but it’s not normal for it not to display anything during calibration?

2. MacGreiner

I had my windscreen replaced with the same recalibration of AP required. Didn't take anywhere near 100 Miles to recalibrate.

AP1 or AP2?

3. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

4. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

My new car during calibration only showed the car. Didn't show other cars or lanes. They told me it could take up to 150 miles.

5. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Update:
    I post the same concern to Tesla’s owners fb page Sunday afternoon and crazy enough, the service manager saw my post and emailed me. He stated he saw my post and looking into it. Moments later he said a auto pilot 2.0 camera was installed when I have a 2.5 car. Said no service center in my area has the new 2.5 cameras or ever had so He’s having it expedited from Tesla factory.

So, those ever have to get a camera replaced and have a 2.5 car, ask service center if they have the 2.5 hardware so they don’t install 2.0 thinking it makes no difference. It does.