Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recalls for loose bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know anything more like what cars are involved? I haven’t felt anything on my 2020 but will be trying to find out what vin numbers this is related to.

Anyone know anything more like what cars are involved? I haven’t felt anything on my 2020 but will be trying to find out what vin numbers this is related to.
Check your VIN at the NHTSA recall site.

Can anyone show an image of what the bolts look like? My wife found a bolt in our driveway and threw it away thinking it was construction debris since homes are still being built on our street. :( It could also be related to my S. That would be a bummer.

So this is interesting... After I took delivery of my M3P on March 30th, I had an issue with vibrations from the rear end and a hot rotor on the rear driver side. It went to service and sat there for 3 weeks while they replaced both of the rear calipers completely (according to the invoice). Wonder if this is related. They never told me what was wrong with them that caused them to need replacing.

Can anyone show an image of what the bolts look like? My wife found a bolt in our driveway and threw it away thinking it was construction debris since homes are still being built on our street. :( It could also be related to my S. That would be a bummer.

I'd also like to know which bolts and what is the torque spec. Inquiry minds want to know. ;)

Mike

Interesting, that I came here to see what I could find out about the Model Y and there's already related comments. I guess we feel that the MY shares many parts with the 3. They did change out an ac sensor when I had windshield replaced.

One rear left tire has been losing one psi each day for the past 3 weeks. Every time I pump up, it will lose pressure slowly one psi a day. Maybe this the cause?

I wouldn't think so. That would most likely be a screw/nail in your tire. You should be able to tell if the caliper was rubbing/wearing against the inside of the wheel and wore a hole through it.

Mobile tech just finished my inspection. No issues. He says he's done 200+ already and not found a single issue.

One thing I should warn you on, the mobile dispatch tried to reschedule my service appointment because they didn't have the bolts in stock. This is pretty silly since A) it appears this is a non-issue in 99.9% of instances and B) if you are that .1% and you're missing a brake caliper bolt, let me tell you, you probably would have found out already from the noise of the caliper against the rim. So don't let them try to reschedule the inspection because of that.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Mobile tech just finished my inspection. No issues. He says he's done 200+ already and not found a single issue.

One thing I should warn you on, the mobile dispatch tried to reschedule my service appointment because they didn't have the bolts in stock. This is pretty silly since A) it appears this is a non-issue in 99.9% of instances and B) if you are that .1% and you're missing a brake caliper bolt, let me tell you, you probably would have found out already from the noise of the caliper against the rim. So don't let them try to reschedule the inspection because of that.
Agreed. Just got back from the service center for my inspection and they said the bolts were torqued to spec and everything was normal